[Official] Huawei Matebook X Pro Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Megacharge, May 30, 2018.

1. Mindful Gadgets

Mindful Gadgets Newbie

Reputations:
    Scaling has gotten a lot better with the new versions of windows actually. New versions of office and photoshop scale fine with the 3000x2000 resolution screen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I run a lot of productivity apps and frequent video conf with GTM and WebEx. Also running a 43” 4K display. I7 is a must for me. CPU aggregate running as high as 35%. Fan kicks in whenever video conf is running, but pretty quiet. CPU has seen 3+ GHz on occasion. Overall, very pleased with performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Loving the 3Kx2K! No scaling issues with entire office suite or any other apps. Much better for work stuff. Can read documents better.

Touchscreen is great too.

4. HellfireX

HellfireX Newbie

Reputations:
  5. pulsedriver08

pulsedriver08 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a question.. I just picked up the i7 Matebook and plugged it into the charger overnight. When I decided to open it to set it up, it was already on the moment I lifted the lid. Is that normal or don't you have to push the power button? And, it felt a little warm. Now it seems fairly slow.. Any suggestions? Thanks..

6. immrwilson

immrwilson Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Megacharge! I'm super late but...you are the only person that I've found talk about the Matebook x pro being used for music production. I've been a bit undecided as to getting this or a gaming laptop that fits my budget ($1500). Does this choke on you at all when running Ableton? Also, what plugins are you running? Lastly, have you done any video editing on the Matebook?

7. werewolf

werewolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Thanks it sounds great, but I was mistrustful of Huawei's tech support and warranty so i got the Dell xps 13 on sale at Costco now instead.

jliv likes this.
  8. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow! That’s a sweet deal. I have to confess I’m a bit jealous. I think you made a good decision.

9. jwright20

jwright20 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey thread, this is my first time here. Just here to investigate if anyone else is having the same issue I am with my matebook x pro. When I'm streaming video like youtube or netflix to the laptop, there will be dropped frames a lot. It's almost like the video will be running at 30 or 24 fps and then will drop to a choppier framerate (maybe 15 or 18fps) and then revert back to the smooth fps frome before. I don't think its my wifi because it worked perfectly fine on my old laptop. I've also checked the nvidia drivers and everything is up to date

10. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I’ve streamed a few YouTube videos without incident. I’ll try something HD or 4K tonight and let you know how it goes.