*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. p0izn

p0izn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @lebellium, I wouldn't agree on that. Very small percent of real users report about such issues here and on other similar forums. And I guess even smaller amount will go there and report about devices w/o bleed. The rest are using the device even not knowing or considering this as minor defect they can live with. Speaking in terms of statistics, the sample you are seeing here is not Representative.
    More you read such threads more you believe almost all units are defective - some psychology here. Read this thread many times and you will believe even stronger. :)
    Do not let your perfectionism grow into paranoia. Modern devices are so complicated and I believe almost all have some h/w issues. I often remember myself buying HTC HD2 : ) There was literally no device in the city that could pass the checklist of h/w defects.
    All of this above is a personal opinion, no trolling or offence.
    Sorry for my English,

Regards,
    Vitali

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    e1evenz1n and Dannya951 like this.
  2. Dinzy

Dinzy Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone found a way to bypass holding the "fn" key to change brightness and volume? Finding it very annoying to have to use either both hands or stretch one hand across the keyboard just to turn the volume up! Please help

3. p0izn

Reputations:
    @Dinzy, i'm not sure about Aero15, but usually F-keys behavior can be setup in BIOS.

4. Dinzy

Dinzy Newbie

Reputations:
    I just looked into the bios settings... unlike other laptops it doesn't allow you to modify the fn key options. Not impressed with that! Thanks for the reply by the way

5. Pizzapunx

Pizzapunx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine Will be here in about a week. Will post when it arrives, specifically about keyboard function and screen issues/ backlight bleed

6. YoungG

YoungG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm wondering if I'd be able to replace the screen afterward maybe with 4K glossy from laptopscreen.com when those screens are available so that I dont have to wait until Nov. As of now, no screen available at laptoscreen.com though

7. Esaelias187

Esaelias187 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

tbh i think all these laptop have issues exacty in that area...mine is like that on one side only...they have difenatly taken a shortcut

8. bertbertbert

bertbertbert Newbie

Reputations:
    hello

i just received my aero 15.
    there was some difficulty initally where i plugged my laptop to the charger and hit the power button. nothing happened.

after what it seemed like the laptop was sufficiently charged, i pressed the power button and the laptop turned on.
    i am stuck in a loop where the laptop boots into the aptio setup utility. i try to discard changes and reset.

i am spamming the f9 key in order to get to the recovery menu but it is not working. the f-keys dont seem to work all the time.
    there have been posts elsewhere saying to go to the "boot" in aptio and select "launch csm" but i do not see that option.

does anyone know a way that i can boot up my laptop so i may be able to use it?

9. p0izn

Reputations:
    @bertbertbert , that's weird.. :( Who was the retailer?
    Please keep us posted.

10. bertbertbert

bertbertbert Newbie

Reputations:
    @p0izn
    i purchased the laptop from newegg.

i got on another call with a gigabyte representative.
    walked me through the BIOS and found out that the hard drive is unable to be detected, thus unable to boot windows (SATA configuration menu).
    i have to send it in for a replacement. one thing i also noticed was that the brown shipping box the laptop came in didnt have any plastic air bags or styrofoam for shock absorption.

edit:
    they mentioned opening the bottom of the laptop but advised me to send in for a replacement just in case something doesnt go as planned

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017