*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. josham

josham Newbie

Reputations:
    hey all,

After booting the aero 15 up for the first time it wouldn't launch windows, and only entered bios settings.

after attempting to do the system recovery with f9, nothing would happen and it would go to the same bios settings it launched to.
    the f9 key does work however it seems that it doesn't work in launching system recovery on this model.

i have been told by the supplier that it is likely to have a corrupted windows file somewhere.

in the bios settings there is a 'OS Type Setting Options;
    with restore win7 defaults and restore win8.1/10 defaults but neither of these work.

i have done the force shutdowns and restarts while holding f9 but to no avail.

would anyone have any ideas in moving forward with this problem?

i have contacted gigabyte and they are in the process of getting a replacement sorted.

should i just wait or is this an easy fix?

cheers
    josh

also i've seen other comment about it not having the x-rite pantone sticker on the display. mine did so not sure if that means anything at all.
    th

2. josham

josham Newbie

Reputations:
    and i found this, but not sure how to use it or find the pdf explanation.

GIGABYTE Recovery Fix Tool If you already do windows update to build 15063 show up in but can’t execute F9 recovery, we strongly recommend applying following patch after updating to build 15063. Then you can use F9 recovery function without problem in the future. (Note : you can refer " GIGABYTE Recovery Fix tool pdf" Explanation.)
    Version :20170607

-
    Edit: i downloaded the driver and found the pdf in there. however this only fixes a laptop that is already configured... im now definitely not sure how to go about this

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  3. Dinzy

Dinzy Newbie

Reputations:
    PLEASE HELP
    Hello everyone, I am having one major problem with my Aero 15 and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

The issue is linked to the number "1" button on the NUMBER PAD to the right. This button is fully bugged on my device. When I press it, it only registers on the screen properly (as a number "1") around 20% of the time... for the rest it will input a strange combination of letters and symbols. I think I may have toggled with the number "1" key in the gigabyte fusion app a few months ago but have since deleted all macro inputs and restored it to default. Perhaps it didn't reset properly. HAS ANYONE had this issue and found a fix for it?!?! Extremely annoying at the moment. Below I will strike the number 1 button 5 times to show what comes out! I have read quite a few people talking about recalls for such problems, can anyone tell me how this will work?

vbn|ZXCVNBM<>?bnm/,cvxz\>

^^^ this was the result... not even one "1"

4. incrementallindblom

incrementallindblom Newbie

Reputations:
    Dude, thank you so much for getting SOME semblance of clarification on this. I need a mobile workhorse to run my company [CAD/GIS/Video intensive]
    from while I'm in school and was REALLY holding out for a refined aero 15 [2x m.2, GPU, and battery looked so good].
    I'm going to have to 'settle' for the XPS 15, I'm sure it'll be fine. Fingers crossed I'll buy an amazing 9th or 10th gen aero15 in 2019 >.<

5. YoungG

YoungG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How are you gonna return it? You think they accept it after use of at the least 2 or 3 months

6. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    At the time nobody knew when the 4K was coming out so if I purchased a 1080p one I wouldn't get screwed over in a week when the 4K panel comes out, in this case I wouldn't because the screen is coming out in months instead of days/weeks.

I did purchase the 1080p one will let everyone know how it is with screen bleed and I'm going to test ALL my keys ASAP.

7. YoungG

YoungG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Somebody this posted on this thread said it would come out in November.just struggling to make a decision whether to buy 1080p or hold up on 4K. It's has been incredibly frustrating to wait on something that meets my satisfaction. Please let us know how the screen bleeding is

8. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After some equivocating from different members of the customer service team over at Gigabyte, I think I've found the definitive answer courtesy of a member of their sales team:
    -As previously mentioned, the 4k model will ship with an updated keyboard designed to fix all the key combination issues. I didn't think to ask whether or not key stiffness or responsiveness were addressed in the redesigned keyboard, but I doubt it due to the subjective nature of those issues.
    -The keyboard replacement option is now available to customers with the 1080p Aero 15. I didn't think to ask about when the 1080p models will begin to be produced with the updated keyboards from the factory.
    -If you purchased your Aero 15 within the last 30 days, Gigabyte will cover shipping charges in both directions. If you purchased the Aero 15 more than 30 days ago, you will need to pay to ship it to Gigabyte's repair facility. In both cases, the service of replacing the keyboard will obviously be free of charge.
    -They still "recommend" using the Fusion software for macros in order to get around the key combination issues on 1080p Aero 15's. I speculate that because they still tout this as a viable alternative to the new keyboard, they won't be issuing any sort of official recall for the product. Customers will have to reach out on an individual basis in order to take advantage of the keyboard replacement program.

Morningkill, e1evenz1n and p0izn like this.
  9. p0izn

p0izn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    By any chance, does anyone live in SanFrancisco / Bay Area? Can't find this laptop in physical stores, so may be you could show me yours. I would by you a coffee.
    Choosing between xps15 and this one.

@Dannya951 , thanks for the update :) I wonder how long it will take to change the kbd.

Could someone tell what is the latest status of software solution for the kbd issue? It was hard to follow the progress on that. What combinations still do not work?

Thanks

10. e1evenz1n

e1evenz1n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for sharing this information with the rest of the community. They should e-mail their customers instead of having their customers contact them. A shame that customers who are past the 30 days have to pay for shipping, doesn't warranty cover this? If anyone has started the return process for your keyboard, can you please verify if gigabyte has indeed started the process to replace the keyboards? So many of their reps seem to be saying different things so you can never be too sure.

I am in the process of returning my Aero 15 back to HIDevolution , I have received a RMA from them. My problem was that there was a VERY small dent on the top panel of the unit. Also the "D" didn't seem to register as intended unless depressed all the way. Shipping the unit back tomorrow. I am contemplating maybe just waiting for the 4k unit since it takes 4 days for the unit to ship back, 7 business days for them to customize my laptop, another 4 days for it return back to me. And then if the new unit hasn't been updated with the new keyboard, that's another 10 days+ in transit. I assume the 4k variant will have released by the time I get the 1080p aero 15 back.

Edit: Figured out when the key has problems registering, it occurs when the key isn't pressed on the center. Which I don't really pay attention to, every other key registers just fine when pressed from the upper left or any other direction, but not the D key.
    I typed a sentence with each word beginning with d, it registered 6/10 of the words.

On a side note, Hidevolution has been nothing but accommodating and cordial through out this whole process. I was expecting to meet some resistance regarding this but there was none whatsoever. I imagined they would perhaps argue that the dent was caused after I received the product but no such thing took place. My sales advisor was Ted and I can personally recommend him. I have heard great things about Donald from the company too. I am first time customer but will defer to Hidevolution for future purchases if they carry my desired product. Thank you Hidevolution, thank you Ted!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017