*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Ron101

Ron101 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cant see them recalling every single Aero 15 laptop, as i understand there are a lot of satisfied customers out there even with some of the buggy key combinations. The guy that mentioned previously with the keyboard recalling also did not specify a date so i reckon we see if this will even happen. (Would be absolute PR nightmare if it does)

You still got your Aero 15? Thoughts on it so far?

2. Esaelias187

Esaelias187 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    tbh I have had no issues so far with keyboard. at times there are delays so im sure an issue is there

the only problem I had was some lightbleed at bottom which is annoying apart from that

there are some delays sometimes randomly

the laptop shut down full randomly but I think that was due to too much underclocking

overall I like it, like the fans they stop pretty fast and keep quiet most of the time

the screen I read a lot of people are calling it crap tbh its quite a nice screen

if my laptop did not have bleed and the sound quality was better than I would love this laptop

personally I think they will recall laptops and replace them all for whoever has an issue

Ron101 likes this.
  3. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    my son hasn't mentioned any issues so far. He seems pretty happy with it.

4. lemegetin

lemegetin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I mainly use the AERO for work but i did some full hd gaming on weekends as well without any problems whatsoever.

Overall i am very happy and do not have issues with the keyboard (at least none that affect my work - mainly MS office and video editing). perhaps the most difficult thing to get used is the shifted 0 key in the numpad but again it is a matter of habit.

Back light bleed is also not a problem. I find the screen great.

My main complaints/ concerns are:
    - inability to charge devices through usb 3 when pc is turned off. this is a real bummer especially for travelling. On my old samsung i could just plug the phone in the bag and let it charge silently.

- battery life: i am not saying it is bad. but i get the feeling it could do much more especially when using it with low brightness and no apps using dGPU. i get the feeling it idles in a higher consumption level than other PCs. don't know if there is any program to analyse this.

- i am annoyed by the thunderbolt speed issue reported by others. Although not using it atm this was one major driver for paying the extra cost of AERO having in mind future proofing it for external GPUs. I monitor the thread and hope Gigabyte rolls out a fix.

these are my 5 cents to the topic :)

5. ICE-VaPa

ICE-VaPa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys, feelings with the Aero 15 are very mixed, but going to hold onto it until something else comes out.

I am absolute shocked by the bloatware and how it effects this machine out of the box. When will manufactures learn?!? Its 2017...
    I am going to do a format and clean install asap.

Please could someone who has gone through this let me know what gigabyte software is recommend to keep on the machine for normal functioning? It would really be appreciated.

6. Naqib Faiyaz

Naqib Faiyaz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    I'm thinking of buying the aero 15. But before making a decision I'd like to hear your opinions.
    1. What are the current issues going on?
    2. Would you recommend the laptop regardless of the issues?

I'd really appreciate your valuable feedbacks.

TIA.

7. ICE-VaPa

ICE-VaPa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey MikeGG - what did you end up doing around this?
    It seems mine has the same, but it is not consistent (happens every now and then) - almost sounds like a old hard drive clicking when they had been dropped, however you can hear it changing tempo when the fans increase. Anyone else had the same issue?

8. brucek2

brucek2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It is really frustrating that Gigabyte messed up the keyboard like that. What's even more frustrating is the entire state of the laptop market in general, where it is basically not possible to buy a laptop at any price point that is truly "perfect." Making a thoroughly researched laptop purchase is essentially always an exercise in trade-offs: no matter what model you choose, it will be less than perfect in one or likely even multiple ways.

I mention all this in the hopes it might actually help you relax. Despite the keyboard issue, the fact is this model still has a combination of positive attributes that are not easily found elsewhere. If you want the combination of strong battery life + ability to game + good all rounder with one of the smaller sizes for this size screen & power, I'm not sure there actually are any better choices for you.

So not to be flip, but my best recommendation for you is to relax and enjoy. You've got a flexible, capable laptop which will doubtless be the envy of many of your classmates. Even if you were to spend a bunch of time researching alternatives and then trading it for another laptop, you'd in all likelihood just be trading in for a new issue to be disappointed about. I am not an expert in the specific programs you mentioned but I bet you will be able to find ways to assign keys or make macros that work for you and the Aero's challenged keyboard.

9. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got some bad/good news for the people waiting on the 4k version, i just got off the phone with them and they are postponing it till early November due to the keyboard issue,They are re building the keyboard for the 4k model which is making it delayed. But at least the keyboard issue will be 100% fixed.

Now i am not sure if i should continue with the aero 15 purchase or just go the XPS 15 route.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  10. Daannn

Daannn Newbie

Reputations:
    This definitely helped, there isn't a single perfect laptop. Every laptop has its issues, and I have been fairly happy with it so far. I overthink stuff like this way too much, annoying part of my personality. Thanks a lot man!