*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone know the screw size I need to get to add another SSD? Where could I get one? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Check my post on page 89. Technical support told me they intend to have everyone send in their Aero 15's for keyboard replacements in the next few weeks.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. Jajuca

Jajuca Newbie

Reputations:
    I recently bought the the Cooler Master NotePal U3 Plus for a cooling station and it seems to bring my temps down a little minus 5 to 10 degrees on just browsing the web listening to music. 39 GPU 44 CPU degrees C
    http://imgur.com/a/GAes3

For gaming and Virtual Reality played Robo Recall for an hour and then turned on PUBG while I had Robo Recall going to get the GPU maxed out and was getting good temps. 76 GPU 80 CPU degrees Celsius
    http://imgur.com/a/PkNuJ

I live in Canada, Ontario so my temps don't really get that high from the weather. I don't have air conditioning just the windows open and it's 30 degrees Celsius outside which would be 86 degrees Fahrenheit. I also have a stock laptop with no added thermal paste bought from Canada Computers and they price matched the deal on Newegg so I didn't have to wait for shipping.

I like the Cooler Master U3 because there is 3 movable fans and I placed them all at the back of the laptop where the air intake is to optimize cooling. The only issue I have with the cooler so far is that it is on a high angle and isn't adjustable so the laptop isn't as secure as I'd like it to be. Although the cooler does come with a strap to secure the laptop, it seems like a hassle to put on and take it off constantly. The cooler is also powered via USB so I just plug it into the laptop charger. Lastly, the fans on the cooler are fairly quiet on max speed and can be adjusted to a slower, more quiet setting via control on the power chord.

I also picked up the Tomtoc Sleeve Recommended by @scrod which fits very nicely at 15-15.4 inch model and I got a Filson Padded Computer Bag in Otter Green for maximum protection/style. The Filson bag has a Lifetime warranty on it and is very reputable company that makes outstanding gear.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  4. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well after looking at a bunch of comments on YouTube that that have responded to , they have said the 4K version would come out in June, then no later than July , then Q3, and then by the end of August. Sooooo let's hope we get that version soon! They said it would also be a newegg first so I'll be sure to keep checking on there!

5. smartuy

smartuy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Capture.PNG [​IMG]

Why is my SSD so slow? I have the liteon SSD which is supposed to be NVMe, yet I'm getting incredibly slow speeds.

6. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    US version is SATA. I believe they are both liteon drives

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7. smartuy

smartuy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That doesn't explain how I'm getting ridiculously slow 4k speeds.

8. smartuy

smartuy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Changed some power options, and lo and behold my speeds are much better. Standard windows laptop power settings are complete trash for regular use.

Attached Files:

9. e1evenz1n

e1evenz1n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you guys confirm if the "D" key is working just fine for the laptop? The problem for me just seems to be the "D" key as far as I can tell. I have to depress the key all way, if I don't it has problems registering. I realized I had a lot of typos where the d was missing(no pun intended).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    hmscott likes this.
  10. smartuy

smartuy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Works fine for me, just got the laptop earlier today and the keyboard so far has been fantastic. Nice key travel and provides good feedback.

hmscott likes this.