*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I installed this tool on both Dell and Gigabyte PCs and I don't see any behaviour difference here.
    With "Match key code: Windows", when you press the right shift key, it's recognized as 'Left shift'.
    With "Match key code: BIOS", when you press the right shift key, it's recognized as 'Right shift'.

I don't understand which combo doesn't work properly and maybe the BIOS and keyboard fw released today fixed the remaining issues?

2. Morningkill

Morningkill Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You told us yesterday that "I can confirm that highlighting words with ctrl + shift right + left arrow doesn't work for example "
    Is it working now .

3. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No indeed.... with the test tool I can see pretty clearly that ctrl + right shift + arrows works for all arrows except the left one...

Moreover, Left/Right Shift is repeated countless when holding the 'Ctrl + shift' combo while on the Dell it's just recognized as one event even if you hold the keys

edit: summary:
    Ctrl + Left shift + Left: OK
    Ctrl + Left shift + Right: OK
    Ctrl + Left shift + Up: OK
    Ctrl + Left shift + Down: NOK (Down recognized as Up)

Ctrl + Right shift + Left: NOK (not recognized at all)
    Ctrl + Right shift + Right: OK
    Ctrl + Right shift + Up: OK
    Ctrl + Right shift + Down: OK

Ctrl + Left shift + Space: NOK (Space recognized as B)
    Ctrl + Right shift + Space: OK

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm in the process of purchasing the Aero 15, and I wanted to update everyone regarding an email chain I have going on with GB technical support. I voiced my concern about the keyboard issues (which is a more pressing concern for me than the TB 3.0 issue at the moment, assuming that's not hardware related), and the service agent initially gave me the same "use macros" response that they've been using for a while. After I pushed back a little, this is the response I got:

So the good news is there will eventually be a full fix for the key combination issue. The bad news is that it will require customers to send their laptops out for the repair. Hopefully this helps people.

P.S. While not confirmed in any way, I'd surmise this is (at least in part) responsible for the delay of the 4k model. No way to be sure, but it wouldn't make sense for them to release that model only to subsequently announce a voluntary recall a few weeks later.

Edit: Update: After a quick follow up, I've been informed that the announcement should come within the next two weeks.

5. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @lebellium

Yes, the idea is to collect numerous screenshots, create a new thread here, and link Gigabyte to it, by email and any other means (their own forums, Facebook).

At the moment after 1 person emailed them, Gigabyte said "RMA it" and implied it was an issue with just that 1 laptop. That is unacceptable clearly in the light of the evidence we owners have generated here on NBR.

I am acting on optimism here that they simply assume it can't be a wide spread case which is where having multiple images will also help. Yes, I agree with you about social media and the next step after collating a bunch of images is to hopefully get some owners to @ them on Twitter and post to their FB page.

If we have enough people contact them, Gigabyte may actually *investigate* it on their end without requiring end users to send their laptops in.

6. Esaelias187

Esaelias187 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    guys is this gigabyte aero 15 prone to backlight bleed i have seen no one not mention they have a perfect one

7. CedricFP

Reputations:
    My unit has very minimal bleed along the bottom and I never notice it in any real world situation. It is from the very first Newegg run, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Just luck of the draw.

8. Esaelias187

Reputations:
    mine is along the bottom too

can you do me a favour youd actually really help me out could you take a pic and show it me so i can compare with mine i am withing my 14 days so as yours is good and mine is simialr i will leave it if not ill return it

9. CedricFP

Reputations:
    Sure, I'll try to get a pic once I get into the office today :)

10. Esaelias187

Reputations:
    thanks alot i really really appreciate it mate