*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. theypsilon

theypsilon Newbie

Reputations:
    Another aero15 with PCI 2.0 on the TB3:
    [​IMG][​IMG]http://imgur.com/tbT61Fo

I already sent an email to Gigabyte asking for a driver update (if possible).

Sorry for the mess with the IMG's around...
    [​IMG]

CedricFP likes this.
  2. droidfury

droidfury Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think I might wait for a little longer. I do hope that a software update can fix this issue. The service support of gigabyte is not great and it might really take a while.

3. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for posting.

4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Here's my HWinfo biz

Attached Files:

CedricFP likes this.
  5. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sorry but can you point out to some shorcuts that still don't work properly after updating?
    I read some earlier posts about it but it's a bit confusing as it seems that most of them are fixed now.
    I can confirm that highlighting words with ctrl + shift right + left arrow doesn't work for example (works with shift left)

Why do you want everybody doing that? Is the current sample of a few users reporting having PCIe 2.0 not enough to prove that the problem is not only about your unit but all units?
    Mine is 2.0 too...

6. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The more reports the better. I don't know what Gigabyte's threshold is. They sell presumably thousands of units. Are 4 images really enough? Who knows. I don't.

Can we say with certainty we have enough samples to get Gigabyte's attention?

That's why I want all owners to do it. If you don't care to, then simply don't. But there's no "secret answer" to why I'm asking every owner to weigh in with a problem that may (and probably does) affect them, beyond what is self-evident.

The answer is, simply, so we have more reports to show Gigabyte.

Edit: I don't mean to sound short, but the bottom line here is that, we as of right now, paid for one thing but received another. Until each and every Aero 15 owner has a working TB3 full speed port, as advertised by Gigabyte, we should be dissatisfied and do what we can to rectify it.

Even if this is an honest mistake or fixable oversight, if we as owners do not voice our concerns, how can we ever expect anything to get fixed?

"Somebody else has already emailed them pictures" is not good enough. It never has been. 1 email can get lost, disregarded, ignored, forgotten. 10? 20?

Frankly, I want my TB3 port at full speeds because I want to be able to use an eGPU with it next year, never mind that it's something I paid my own money for. And I want every Aero 15 owner to have the same thing, because this is our right as consumers. Or Gigabyte can strip the 40gbps TB3 reference from all their marketing, so there are no further cases of users like @Denjin who bought his Aero 15 for the express purpose of mating it with an eGPU only to find out that he cannot.

Now imagine you are in his shoes, past the return period, and Gigabyte never fixes the issue because not enough people could be bothered to screenshot their HWINFO screen, something that takes all of 5 minutes.

I don't know, I think the answer for why I want everybody to do this is pretty self-evident. The bigger the noise, the faster the response, if we are lucky enough to get one. It wouldn't be the first time a laptop was shipped with "x functionality", didn't have it, and never got it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  7. Morningkill

Morningkill Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm interested in
    Left Ctrl- Left Shift - A
    Left Ctrl- Left Shift - Z
    Left Ctrl- Left Shift - S
    Left Ctrl- Left Shift - Q

Thanks !

8. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @CedricFP: even though I'm not interested by an eGPU right now, I may be in a few years when the GTX 1060 won't be sufficient anymore, especially since I usually keep my stuff for a long time (7 years for my Dell SXPS16!). I do unterstand the issue for people who bought the Aero 15 mainly for the TB3 port and who feel fooled.

"more reports to show to Gigabyte" => I still don't really understand if you expect a Gigabyte rep to read this thread - I assume they don't care at all about this forum? - or if you want to send an email to their support service with dozens screenshots attached or if you expect everybody here sending them their own screenshot ?
    Whatever your intention, it is legit but I fear that nowadays only complaints on social media are taken into account seriously by companies. The community manager is somehow obliged to reply to you (even though it may be a silly answer) while an email can be easily ignored when it is embarrassing.

I'm not sure what these shorcuts are supposed to do and in which programm do you use them so I tried something on my own above...

Ron101 likes this.
  9. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Smart Update just noticed me about a new BIOS FB07 and new keyboard firmware 1.2.0!

edit: if you're wondering, PCIe is still 2.0 after the BIOS update.

agent_pires and Ron101 like this.
  10. Morningkill

Morningkill Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your tests :there is also this tool https://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm

I'm wondering if the problem is only with the right shift key. If this is so, this is great. I'm going to wait to see if there's some great news with coffee lake, just in case.