*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. orphanmeat

orphanmeat Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried replacing the wifi card? I want to replace it with one that has bluetooth 4.0. Is it just an m.2 slot?

2. RobonHood

RobonHood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So long time lurker here finally splurged on an Aero 15, ordered through Gentechpc and they were nothing but fantastic. Needless to say I am quite happy with it except for one thing, my devices backlight bleed is unbearable to the point of noticing it in broad daylight at the fringes of the screen. http://imgur.com/a/lj2S9

Something's of note device is running Win10 LTSB unverifed atm (working on getting my KMS to activate) so that's why the windows activation is in the bottom. If this is what's causing my issue then idk where to start :S Let me know your thoughts!

3. Denjin

Denjin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have terrible backlight bleed, too. :( Is it normal or should we try again?

My TB3 eGPU enclosure (HP Omen Accelerator) arrives tomorrow. Willl try my GTX 1080 in it with the Aero 15.

Meetloaf13 and bberry110 like this.
  4. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I read somewhere that backlight bleed can be solved by turning on adaptive/automatic brightness. Worth trying out if the light sensor is good.

5. orphanmeat

orphanmeat Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine has backlight bleed but it's not noticeable during use so I don;t really mind it. Although it's just a little at the bottom of the screen. Not anywhere near as bad as the RobonHood.

6. RobonHood

Reputations:
    Yea I think that would just automatically change the brightness down to compensate it doesn't change the fact that the panel is bleeding all the way up the edges. But good idea. I'm just really torn here I feel like this is stupid bad but then again maybe I'm being melodramatic haha.

7. TyroG

TyroG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can anyone test the Gigabyte fusion software and put it on "Flash on keypress" and press the FN keys from F1 TO END; because I have a issue whenever I press F1 TO END keys the bottom keys light up too....

8. Denjin

Denjin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The Aero 15 only has a PCIE 2.0 4x bus connection for its TB3 device. They shouldn't be really advertising the TB3 port with the 'up to 40' claim if it is this hampered.

Am I wrong?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  9. RobonHood

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I don't have any thunderbolt 3 units to test, though I have seen a few users on reddit stating it was working fine? Is it possibly an issue on the HP side?

Side note where did you order your Aero from?

10. Denjin

Denjin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No, it is definitely the Aero - it works but is slower than it should be. . That screen shows settings on the Aero itself and nothing related to the eGPU. :(. Ordered from Scan in the UK.