*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. lemegetin

lemegetin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I would like to know if the adapter you ordered is the same as the original or you managed to get a slimmer one?

Cheers

2. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    After coming from my Sager, this power brick is literally half the size. I was pleasantly surprised on that front.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Are there any news on applying Creators Update to the Aero 15? The last reports were not positive (BSODs, corrupted recovery partition). Therefore I'm holding off on upgrading.

4. brucek2

brucek2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I received the Creators Update through standard windows update process. My machine did begin having lockups soon after. I did the file system check/repair and once that completed haven't had them since. I have no proof that any of those three things are related to one another or would be the same for anyone else.

Gigabyte has a fix for the recovery partition issue posted on their website.

HermannnTheGerman likes this.
  5. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can someone comment on speaker quality? Is it better than XPS 15?

6. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know how it compares to the XPS 15 (@Eason would definitely be able to make that comparison), but they are probably one of the worst aspects of the notebook, which, all things considered, isn't all that bad.

I'd say they get quite loud but are very very tinny and get a little distorted at the louder volumes.

7. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yeah I'd say XPS 15's is a bit better. I wouldn't buy either laptop for the music quality, though.

8. Zeke777

Zeke777 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did the keyboard issue ever get fixed with key combos not registering?

9. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My impression is that some issues were fixed, but others are not likely to be fixed. Hopefully someone can comment on the limitations that remain. You can still use the programmable feature to assign combos to unused fn, numpad or other keys if needed.

brucek2 and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  10. Sycraft

Sycraft Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The issue is likely just the way they wired up the keyboard. Microsoft has a really good explanation of the issue but basically to save money keyboards usually don't have individual wiring to all the keys, so some combinations can't be read. It is an actual hardware limitation. Good gamer keyboards are setup to have no ghosting at all, anywhere, but consumer keyboards often still have issues. Gigabyte seems to have done a particularly noticeably bad job with the matrix on their keyboard. So there's stuff that couldn't be solved without a hardware change.

The annoying thing is that they spent the money to individually wire up all the keys for lighting, rather than key response. While per-key lighting is cool, I'd much rather have a keyboard with no ghosting.

brucek2 and Donald@HIDevolution like this.