*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's the one I've been recommending to college students too :)

The 1050ti is a big drop down from the 1060/1070...

Better to wait for a good selection of reviews before buying, as usual...

2. bernieyee

bernieyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bought a Razer Blade 14" 2017 the other day and am thinking of returning it since it sounds like a jet engine on load.

Looking into either the Gigabyte Aero 14 or 15. Noise level on the 15 is most definitely going to be better than the other two, but I keep reading about the lid hinge problem. Is it quite prevalent? Anyone else with this issue on NBR?

3. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not sure what you mean about the lid hinge problem but if you mean the lid closes once the lid is about at inch from the keyboard then i think that's not really a problem to be honest well not for me anyways.

4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    It's not a problem, is just different. The lid is quite heavy, so it can't stay open when it hits a certain angle.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. Paras_MTL

Paras_MTL Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Everyone,
    I am university student and a game enthusiast, so playing games is a part in me that I cannot change. anyways I am bit of dilemma of buying the aero 15. I am only concerned about the keyboard issue bcoz what I can see is that even after the update some key combinations aren't working and me being a developer often concerns me. also no further update regarding the keyboard since then (Correct me if I am wrong) concerns me even more (Will they even update : /). What should I do? Should I buy it and wait for the possible update to rectify the keyboard or any other recommendations? (slim and at least 1060 + battery). Thanks in advance/

6. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well you could buy it and use it with an external keyboard until they fix it but otherwise you'll have to shop elsewhere.

7. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't have this issue

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

8. Sergio Aero 15

Sergio Aero 15 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I've just created this account to get into this thread and @iunlock cpu and gpu tests one. Too excited about his upcoming review. Also OWNorDISOWN youtube channel replied me saying it would make an undervolting and overcloking video on the aero 15!! Hope this are good news for you all.

iunlock likes this.
  9. Sergio Aero 15

Sergio Aero 15 Newbie

Reputations:
    I would also like to ask you about the laptop. I have recently bought it here in Spain and bought at the same time a stick of 16gb of ram and a samsung 960 evo ssd and would like to know any advice on the instalation. I suposse the ram is just plug and play and same with the ssd, but just wanted to know the perfect way to make a clean windows install on the new ssd and get rid of the rest, just to get a new aero 15 working blazing fast!! Altough do i have to instal any drivers for the new ssd or ram? Or it would just recognise it. Thanks in advance!!

10. Knacki

Knacki Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wouldn't see the this as a problem. Mine closes itself also when it is about 10 degrees open. So what?
    If it is that far, I want to close it anyway. No issue in my point of view.

@Paras_MTL
    Well I am pretty annoyed that the keyboard issue is not completely resolved.
    But they are making progress.
    After last update "only" these combinations are not working on mine:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...15-owners-lounge.804575/page-59#post-10555888

Others listing these missing combinations (starting with uberdev post, which I haven't tested. Most of the other missing keys mentioned above are solved since fusion 1.18)
    http://forum.gigabyte.us/post/7692/thread

If you need some of those - three options:
    1. External keyboard
    2. Combinations with RALT+RCTRL+RSHIFT+anykey are working - it's left side only unfortunately.
    3. Choose another one.

What I am most upset about is, that there is probably only one guy at Gigabyte, programming this keyboard ********, who is responsible for making a perfect matching laptop, well pretty less perfect. And nothing is happening immediately. (well they react quite quickly but don't do a complete fix at once)

I have no other issues. It's a working horse doing things most lovely. It's quite and long time working on easy tasks but gets serious strong when it's needed. (pretty loud either when GPU is >90% usage, but that is OK for me as it is the only time. Otherwise it is super silent)
    It's a wonderful tool and I am still pretty sure Gigabyte finally realize now, that they got to move quickly to get this "tiny" defect out of this world.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Vistar Shook likes this.