*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Yeah, in a production envinroment running quickbooks files and the like, there's a definite difference.

scrod likes this.
  2. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Speeding up a Windows index rebuild would be worth every penny if it helps.

Meetloaf13 likes this.
  3. willofsound

willofsound Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Man, I'm starting to doubt ordering this laptop from GentechPC. I've sent pics of the issue and their response has been "Thats normal" and about it randomly going to sleep when moving the display while still at a 90 degree angle "Laptop go to sleep". Like, no duh.

They are having me do an RMA with gigabyte. How has this process been for folks? I'm wondering if I end up just asking to return the laptop for my money back if they'll charge a high fee.

EDIT: Yep, they have a 10% restocking fee. Should've read the fine print. On a laptop with known issues. Looks like I only have 7 days after the RMA to return the laptop.

Next time, I'm ordering from Amazon, the tax would've been worth the hassle.

4. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How long have you owned the laptop? Your light bleed issues are NOT normal.

5. willofsound

Reputations:
    I've had it for 4 days. Not long at all!

6. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you've only owned the laptop for 4 days, that is well within any reasonable return and/or exchange period. You shouldn't have to RMA it to Gigabyte because who knows how long that will take.

There should be no restocking fee for a laptop that arrived in damaged or defect condition!

7. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's a faulty laptop they shouldn't be charging you a restocking fee. That being said unfortunately I had to return/exchange two laptops before I got a working one. First one had dust under the screen and poor finish on the lid (black model) then the replacement came with a dead keyboard out of the box. Finally my third one *touchwood* is alright. Gigabyte support are very helpful. My exchange was supported by Gigabyte UK and was straight forward they picked it up and arranged redelivery. Don't settle for them saying it's normal that's not. RE: The lid it will put machine to sleep or hibernate if its less than 45 degrees to approaching the keyboard but shouldn't as you described when it's open properly. Out of interest is it the black model you're using?

8. willofsound

Reputations:
    I'm hoping maybe the 2nd one is the charm. At least thats reassuring that gigabyte has been cool to deal with. I'm using the orange model.

9. Sycraft

Sycraft Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Try changing the backlight level up and down. Mine does that sometimes when I close the lid and open it back up, but just chaining the backlight level fixes it. It is like some of the LEDs forget to come on, but then you change the level up and they do, and back down and it looks right.

10. willofsound

Reputations:
    This is good thing to try/know. Probably why I didn't notice it until the 2nd day and it's been inconstant. Though the screen still wacks out when moving it up or down.

GentechPC is not answering their support line and taking their sweet time to answer my email. At this point, I wish I could just not deal with them. I'm sketched out that I just spent $1900 and having a bad experience.