*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all has anyone had weird issues with the keyboard backlight? My Aero 15 (i7-7700HQ) has just recently started turning the keyboard backlight on by itself then turning off. Never did that before now all of a sudden it's started doing it. Tried uninstalling all the RGB Fusion and Smart Manager etc but to no avail? Can't find any information online about this as well. Hope someone can help it's driving me mad!!

2. LeoXIV

LeoXIV Newbie

Reputations:
    So I reinstalled Windows to get rid of the bloat like many suggest, and saved the Pantone calibration file with a .icc extension. How do I go about restoring it?

3. Sakableh

Sakableh Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking to replace the thermal pads on my aero 15 w/ 2060, anyone knows what thickness I should be looking at ?

4. Somoyque

Somoyque Newbie

Reputations:
    I think a simple double click will do the trick.

5. nutral

nutral Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

i have the same problem with a Aero 15 XC 1 year old, it didn't use to do that. but right now i have the same issue. Starting the laptop with usb c connected to my screen (that has a hub) just gives a black screen. If i first start it and then connect it works fine. I'm not sure why it happened, it was used by a coworker with a thunderbolt dock.

I also have a Aero 15 XD, brand new (1 week old) that i don't have the issue with. If anyone is looking for a power adapter, i have the really small Ugreen 100W PD GAn adapter that does work with the usb c port, it just doesn't have enough power for running the CPU and GPU full power. So this small box is now always in my bag, as i can also fast charge my ipad or phone (when connected to the pc it won't charge anything else though!)
    https://www.ugreen.com/products/100w-3c1a-gan-fast-charger

6. Rovels

Rovels Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the first Aero 15 (2017) with 7700HQ and 1060M

This last 1 month, I occasionally getting BSOD/crash while playing games with error/stopcode:
    video_scheduler_internal_error (95% of the time)
    video_tdr_failure (sometimes)
    memory management (just once)

I send it to service and they said visually there is no damage on the hardware. They tested all the laptop and they got BSOD once while playing games. Then they update the driver and windows and they said the laptop don't get BSOD again. After they send it back to me, I tried playing games like Genshin Impact, and after sometime, it crashed again.

Anyone know what's probably the problem of my laptop? Is this hardware or software problems?

7. mrblack999

mrblack999 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it possible to change the power output on the usb A ports on a 2021 Aero 15 KD? I usually charge my phone off my laptop at home and it's only outputting around 200 mA while the laptop is plugged in. My older Alienware would put out at least 4x that much through the usb A port.

8. tfboy

tfboy Newbie

Reputations:
    There was some talk about the Thunderbolt 3 output and it being a 4x PCIe lane affair.
    I do have an issue with a new TB3 Startech TB32DP2T dual 4k DP adaptor: I just cannot get it driving two screens simultaneously. My Aero 15S Oled SA has the latest drivers as far as I can tell, including the "optional" ones in Windows update and the latest TB drivers from thunderbolttechnology.net. I can unplug one monitor and plug it into the other DP output on the box and it works, so it feels like it just won't drive 2x monitors, regardless of resolution.

9. NeKryXe

NeKryXe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I really don't understand this. I managed to return my first Aero 15 XD, mainly because of those problems, not restarting with an USB HUB connected. Today I received a completely brand new Aero 15, I even bought it in a different country, and it has exactly the same problem. I've been testing dozens of USB HUBs from USB 2 to the latest 3 and type-C, and I can't find one single USB HUB fully compatible with the Aero 15 XD.

10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The GPU alone can output over 100W so I don't know why you would think a GaN charger of the same wattage would be able to drive the entire laptop at full speed.