*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone also have this problem? I have the v8. Every time it comes out of hibernate, the fan profile is set to something else. I usually set it to quiet unless I am gaming or doing data crushing. I always need to open the smart manager then it will set back to quiet.

2. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Im kinda curious, do the two NVMe slots share bandwidth on 9th gens? Both 970 Evo and Sabrent rocket have absolutely demolished 4K performance and overall read/write is down the gutter. Maybe I am better off sticking with my 970 Evo + 860 m.2 ssd combo? or should I buy something like a PM981 instead...

3. gh0stx

gh0stx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Was just wondering if anyone had similar issue with Ram slot for their Aero 15? Mine was working perfectly fine last night and suddenly today it just didn't turn on. Well it was turning on and off and screen doesnt light up, only LED lights.

So i tried removing the RAM (it was only single channel 16gb). Then it stopped turning on and off but remained On but screen was still not showing. So i tried to transfer the RAM to the other slot then problem solved somehow.

For the longest time I was using the first slot so I am not sure what happened now. I tried putting it back in the first slot and it went back to the problem of turning on and off. So now I placed it to the 2nd RAM slot for it to keep working. I just don't know if there is any performance impact on this as well as why my first DIMM slot suddenly stopped working.

Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    GIGABYTE AERO 15 Drivers 25-Feb-2021

GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED Display Demo Video

GIGABYTE Wallpapers

GIGABYTE OEM Info

Smart USB Backup v8‎.2 (Build 20201102) [Helps you create a bootable USB drive containing the factory image]

[​IMG]

Make sure to right click on the file(s) you just downloaded, go to Properties, then hit Unblock from the bottom right as it may be blocked since it was downloaded from the internet, if you don't do this before you run the file or extract it, then it may not install correctly.

To prevent this automatic blocking of files in the future so you don't have to go unblocking every file you download to ensure it runs properly, follow the guide in this thread:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/are-you-sure-you-want-to-run-this-file-yes-or-no.825668/

JAnguita likes this.
  5. Jimmyme

Jimmyme Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    Noob question.
    When adding a second SSD does one need to use one from the officially supported list?
    I want to upgrade but was thinking about buying a different SSD than on the Gigabyte list.

AERO 15 KB
    i7-10750H on HM470 chipset
    RTX 2060
    144hz Panel

6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    No they all work fine there is no laptop in the world that needs to have an "approved list" SSD

7. Jimmyme

Reputations:
    Thanks for the speedy reply!
    So it just needs to be the right type of drive I guess? m.2 Nvme drive?
    Would there be a drive that you would recommend?

Thanks for your help!

8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Yes off-course.

I wouldn't get any Samsung SSD. They are only great in benchmarks but they overheat in the real world and thus thermal throttle. The BEST drives right now are either the Sabrent Rocket or SK Hynix Gold P31

Jimmyme and Papusan like this.
  9. Jimmyme

Reputations:
    Thanks again for your help!
    Interesting info. I will check into the drives.
    I guess RAM is more complicated and the recommended list is more important?
    Or do you feel the same about RAM as you do about SSDs?
    :p
    Thanks again.

EDIT: BTW, you seem very knowledgeable about these things.
    I find the wifi really poor on this laptop. The range is really bad for example (like a Nintendo Switch lol).
    Would it be worth upgrading from the installed ax1650(?) to a better wireless card?
    Any recommendations there?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  10. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Maybe in a thin notebooks, but this will apply mostly all fast NVMe ssds regardless of brands if you want max sustained performance.

Best SSDs 2021: SATA, NVMe, and Add-in Cards | Tom's hardware

Jimmyme and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.