*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Gigabyte has cut corners on the Aorus 15G XC in order to equip it with an RTX 3070 notebookcheck.net | Today

Why did Gigabyte decide to cut so many of the predecessor's features? The additional costs of an RTX 3070 can hardly have been the reason. Perhaps the Aorus was simply too expensive for a lot of gamers - after all, the Gigabyte is offering the newer model for a slightly lower price. Nonetheless, as users who are familiar with the predecessor we can't get help feeling that the series' quality standard has dropped due to the many omissions.

"Gigabyte has decided to apply to the this year's update: Instead of the usual metal case, the new Aorus 15G is cloaked in plastic."

I wonder if this apply for all their different models.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Spartan@HIDevolution and Darkhan like this.
  2. thomas37

thomas37 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm trying to do a hardware upgrade of my Gigabyte AERO 15 SA (i7-9750H).

In a few words :

- Adding of one new 8 Go RAM module (in addition of the OEM 8 Go ram module) : SAMSUNG SODIMM M471A1K43CB1-CTD

- Adding of a second 1 to SSD M2 NVME (250 Go on the OEM M2) : WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD 1 To

Tests report :

1) First try :

- Black screen on laptop startup

2) It seems to be a RAM problem, so I giving back RAM to OEM configuration :

- the BIOS seems to go further (GIGABYTE logo on screen), function keys reminder but no OS boot and I can't access to BIOS setup (F2 key doesn't work...).

3) I giving back SSD slots to OEM configuration

- laptop is working normally (OEM configuration)

I tried with and without Trusted computing enabled.

new ram module photo : [​IMG]

https://pasteboard.co/JP8o85Z.png

OEM ram module photo : [​IMG]

https://pasteboard.co/JP8mtdO.png

Could you help me to solve the problem please ?

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
  5. Laurynasgy

Laurynasgy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I've been having this sound issue since I've bought my laptop (Aero 15 OLED WA) . External speakers' volume is going up and down pretty randomly when used with laptop. I've already tried reinstalling drivers, various Realtek and Nahimic versions, disabling audio enhancements – nothing has changed. Everthing is okay with laptop's speakers and headphones. This issue occurs only with external speakers. I am sure that this is software problem because it works pretty well with other PCs/Laptops that I use. Any suggestions what should I try?

6. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    First, nice video bruh:)

Then some nitpicing....:D

I wonder why HID/You still name the graphics card RTX 3080 Max-Q. Nvidia went away from it and Max-Q is only a added feature now, not the graphics cards surname. Even Notebookcheck have removed Max-Q from Mobile 3000 series cards specs. Same for Gigabyte who brand it NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ (3080) Laptop (Max-Q is only added as a feature in specs sheet). And shouldn't be used outside you mention it as a feature for the laptop.

Second. Your CBR-23 score... *Re-run without Hardware monitor :)
    upload_2021-2-22_19-15-33.png

From Notebookcheck.net review unit.
    upload_2021-2-22_19-18-16.png
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-10980HK-Processor-Benchmarks-and-Specs.452737.0.html

7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lol i watched spartans entire video....them keys....never saw such a vibrant keyboard and screen.....super jealous

8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Indeed! As I mentioned, the video doesn't do the keys any justice, whatever you saw, multiple that color saturation/vibrancy by 3. I have never seen such beautiful keys in any laptop before.

Papusan and etern4l like this.
  9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    GIGABYTE AERO 15 Drivers 23-Feb-2021

GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED Display Demo Video

GIGABYTE Wallpapers

Smart USB Backup v8‎.2 (Build 20201102) [Helps you create a bootable USB drive containing the factory image]

[​IMG]

Make sure to right click on the file(s) you just downloaded, go to Properties, then hit Unblock from the bottom right as it may be blocked since it was downloaded from the internet, if you don't do this before you run the file or extract it, then it may not install correctly.

To prevent this automatic blocking of files in the future so you don't have to go unblocking every file you download to ensure it runs properly, follow the guide in this thread:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/are-you-sure-you-want-to-run-this-file-yes-or-no.825668/

10. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all,

My Gigabyte Aero 15x v7 came with an issue on the USB 3 port on the left side (the one next to the HDMI and MiniDP ports). It only works for charging devices. What are some basic ways to try to make it work?

I never really needed it, but now I've purchased a VR headset that has a singular cable with a split at the end - an HDMI and USB 3 connectors. Since the only USB port next to HDMI port is not working I have to use the USB port on the other side of the laptop. But the split cable is too short and prevents me from reaching it.

Extension cables are hit or miss, so I'm trying to resolve it more proper-like - by fixing the USB port itself.