*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. ici7ee

ici7ee Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I just got back my Aero 15 OLED SA from repair and found there are 2 screws missing under the heatpipes. If anyone has this model and are opening up their laptop, could you please help to check if there are indeed screws (or not) at these 2 locations? Thank you in advance.

[​IMG]

2. brightplastik

brightplastik Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Arondight, I managed to buy a second hand aero 15x, but the disk was wiped. I lost the icc profile then.
    Can you share your icc profile with me?
    Thank you very much,
    Gabriel

3. vonny232

vonny232 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello folks, since this thread seems to be quite active I have a simple question which I hope someone can help me with.

I have a 10th Gen Aero15 XB (2070 Super). I want to install a 1TB NVME SSD into the 2nd slot and was hoping for a recommendation of one which will work near the advertised speeds?

I just sent back an Adata SX8200 Pro to Amazon as the read speeds were ~1400MB/s which is < 50% of advertised speeds.

I already confirmed NVME 1.3 was running with x4 lanes so that isn't the issue before anyone asks.

The default C:\ SSD (an OEM Samsung) has a read speed of ~2900MB/s and I expect something similar for the 2nd slot.

Gigabyte tech support gave me a list of supported SSDs but most are OEM and not generally available for general purchase, with the exception of this one which can be purchased in Germany:
    https://www.reichelt.com/de/en/sams...vlb1t0hblr-p282158.html?&trstct=vrt_pdn&nbc=1

So in conclusion, please can someone tell me which NVME is PROVEN to work ~ 2500-2900 MB/s in the 2nd slot of a 10th generation Aero 15?

4. Laurynasgy

Laurynasgy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I bought a 9th gen Aero 15 OLED WA (RTX 2060 one). I noticed that CPU frequency is pretty high even though computer is idle, which is kind of annoying. Maybe there's a way to fix this? Also, when fans are spinning, I can hear pretty weird high pitched noise, which is comming from them. It's more audible when running in "Quiet" mode. Here's the noise: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ly5oLyMBqsuVoSBoBtuWmbQGrVVcVRN-/view?usp=sharing Is there a way to fix this or should I send it to RMA?

5. diitiinspain

diitiinspain Newbie

Reputations:
    hello, first of all merry christmas everyone and delighted to say hello. I'll tell you about my problem: I currently have an aero 15 xb non oled, with a 2070 super max q and a ssd 970 evo plus. Playing warzone I do not exceed 100 fps which surprises me since I think it should reach at least 120-144. I think this problem is due to the bios that I have installed which is the Studio BIOS HFB07 HFD07 & EC F004 which is specific for nvida studio and I use the studio drives as well. the question is that I cannot install the normal bios version BIOS FB06 FD06 & EC F004 and I would like to be able to install it to test the performance in games. Can somebody help me? Thanks a lot! and sorry for my english

6. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Found the culprit.

It was an outdated version of libusb-win32 that came with Easeus MobiMover.

I found the solution when my iPhone did not appear under "My PC" and iTunes was unable to connect to my iPhone.

So I opened Device Manager.

The library libusb-win32 showed up in device manager as "libusb-win32 devices" (sorry, did not take screenshots) and my iPhone was listed under it when it was connected to the Aero15. You might have to enable "Show hidden devices" first to see this entry. So obviously this libusb library filtered some USB connections.

Deinstalled MobiMover (which also deinstalled libusb-win32) and the webcam came back to life immediately. iTunes also finds iPhone now.

Happy New Year everyone.

7. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the 8th gen. Gigabyte bloatware on my model installs a bunch of 'smart manager' power plans. By default when the computer is plugged it, it applies 'smart manager high performance.' For some inexplicable reason that fixes the minimum clock speed to the max clock. If you switch to windows balanced or even smart manager balanced, it lets the cpu go back to dynamically adjusting clock speed. Sometimes I feel like Gigabyte was actively trying to make these systems thermal throttle.... you can cut 5-10C off idle just by setting a reasonable power mode.

Slinky what you said is exactly right. The CPU will scale its frequency as needed... There is no need for oem's to mess with this plan and fix the frequencies at max. However, scaling frequency up for a burst load does take some amount of time. Presumably they fix the frequency to max so theres no frame drop or hitches (however small) while the CPU scales up.

edit: added another users quote and expanded information.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  8. Orangeaero

Orangeaero Newbie

Reputations:
    TLDR: A whole row of keys stops working randomly on my Aero 15. (Shift, z, x, c, v, b, n....)

I was mostly using a Bluetooth keyboard on my Aero so I haven't had the chance to use the built-in keyboard as a daily driver (Usually I would always have it on the table, hooked to an external monitor, and rocking a Bluetooth mouse & keyboard).
    My Aero is about 2 years old and the built-in keyboard always worked fine when I used it. For the past year, I started to use the laptop "on the go" more and one day it just started acting up, making the entire row of keys stop working. The odd thing is that when it happens, I bend the chassis slightly with my thumbs on either side of the keyboard row, and it starts working again.

Questions:
    1. Is this a common issue and can someone confirm that they have experienced the same problem?
    2. Can it be fixed with software or drivers?
    3. Did anyone try to replace the keyboard by themselves? You can order one on eBay for about $90. There is no video that I know of that shows how to replace the keyboard so I'd be grateful if someone shared it (if it exists) or made it.
    4. Did someone give their Aero keyboard for repair to Gigabyte (Warranty or no warranty)? What was your experience?
    My Specs:
    Aero w15 v7
    i7700HQ
    1060 6GB
    16GB Ram

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  9. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been on this thread for a few years now and while I don't see every post, this is the first time I've heard of your problem. I don't know how common it is. If you can temporarily fix the problem by bending the chassis, I seriously doubt you'll fix it with a software update.

As for warranty repair, I have sent my laptop in to Gigabyte for keyboard repair. I didn't have the laptop long, and some buttons were driving me crazy. A pretty common issue is keys don't register properly, which is what I experienced with several keys. They did the absolute bare minimum to fix the issue. They didn't replace the keyboard, and instead put shims under each key that didn't register. Now those keys feel distinctly different from all the other keys, and register sooner. Pretty disappointed with their 'fix'. I believe the whole process left me without my machine for 3 weeks. I have the v8 btw and I purchased through a boutique, so I never had to deal with Gigabyte directly.

10. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    nice

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:40 PM