*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    IIRC, you are supposed to remove that foam piece before installing the SSD. Don't try and depress the foam piece and stick the SSD over it or you're right, it'll probably snap.

Meetloaf13 likes this.
  2. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Yes, I was pretty surprised that they used some fairly stout adhesive to put the spacer in. It was stuck on a connector, so be careful removing it.

3. Kamzu

Kamzu Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You're supposed to remove the foam, it's a place holder to prevent the battery from sliding around.

4. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    Love seeing this :spinny: This is of course with a bit of tweaking. I used the battery guide in Eason's signature and brightness is at 50% and keyboard lighting off.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    scrod and huntnyc like this.
  5. besthijacker

besthijacker Newbie

Reputations:
    Is anyone getting BSOD page fault in nonpaged area windows 10 nvlddmkm.sys every 10 minutes or so?

Or has idea how to fix it?

6. vektor26

vektor26 Newbie

Reputations:
    Did anyone notice weird bright spots on the display? They are mostly around the corners. I have the brightest one just on the left side of the webcam. It looks like white pressure marks, blotches.

It's kinda hard to spot so make sure you got something dark on your screen and room lights off to avoid reflections.

I have a feeling I'll have to send it back..

Edit: Seems like it is worse than I thought it was....[​IMG]

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine showed up a few hours ago. Keyboard looks good, came with a LiteOn SSD. Had to go out and buy a T6 Torx screwdriver (didn't have smaller than T8!) and the SSD screws were a PITA but everything went smoothly with the standard '960 EVO + RAM' upgrade. Backed up the color profile and did the Smart USB backup (note to Gigabyte: maybe get a proper English version of this app as it was a combo Chinese/Engrish).

I like the size and the keyboard (so far) though haven't had it under heavy use yet.

scrod and huntnyc like this.
  8. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yours is a bit more severe than what I saw. It's usually caused by the bezels being clamped too hard and putting too much pressure on the panel. In LCD TV sets, it's pretty common and mostly at the corners, and often called "flashlight" because of the appearance. In large screen TVs, there are sometimes external screws you can loosen at the corners to reduce or possibly even eliminate the effect. No such luck with notebooks, unless perhaps you are very handy and disassemble the lid section completely.

9. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sadly, in a lot of laptops the light bleed is in fact down to the inner metal frame that surrounds the panel itself & is manufactured onto the screen - and not always the outer plastic bezel itself. I remember replacing a panel on a friends MSI GS60 last year due to severe light bleed and even after taking off the plastic outer bezel, (which we first suspected was the cause) the light bleed was still present.

I imagine the screen on the Aero 15 is manufactured in a similar way to the XPS 15 where it's a complete manufactured unit (panel + bezel all glued together). Therefore panel replacement may require the total screen assembly to be swapped out altogether.

I'm waiting on a YouTube video to surface at some point to document a total disassembly of the unit, it'll be interesting to find out for sure.

Liam.

scrod and agent_pires like this.
  10. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    As an addition to the above, make I had to format the drive as FAT32 in order for the BIOS to recognize it at boot.