*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. mikefize

mikefize Newbie

Reputations:
    I think it should work no problem. I can only speak for Davinci Resolve, but you can select which GPU is utilized for rendering, UI etc. Also, you can use Nvidia Optimus to assign a GPU to each application seperately. I am not entirely sure if the performance might take a slight hit because your data is passed through TB3 / iGPU / PCH and not coming directly from the dGPU. Even if so, I don't think it's relevant for Video/Editing/Rendering Work, but you might experience a slight FPS drop. No way to be sure though, I think you have to find out yourself.

I moved away from the i-tec USB-C dock in the meantime and am running an eGPU through the TB3 port while at my desk. Something I've noticed is that the PCH Chip is running VERY hot and is causing throttling at some point (you can use HWiNFO64 to read out the PCH Temp). I replaced the factory heatshield with a small copper sink and it's fine now. Probably not a good idea on a new machine though as it'll void your warranty, just a pointer to keep an eye on PCH temperature. You can either use a small fan to keep it cool from the outside or change the PCIe Link State Power Options to max Power Saving if you experience issues with stability/performance while running peripherals through TB3. FWIW, the Aero is one of the few Notebooks that even do have some cooling (as bad as it might be) solution for the PCH at all. Dell and Lenovo machines experience even worse throttling issues.

Let me know how the Aero is performing while the lid is closed. The cooling vents are mainly located on the side and the back, so it SHOULD be okay, I'm just not entirely confident if the heat might cause issues with the screen that's close to the hot chassis, especially in the long run. Maybe someone else can share insights on the topic.

2. TheChadd

TheChadd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I’ve updated my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10 and I’m now getting a message “Please check panel hwid” when I boot the machine.

Anyone know why this is? And how to fix it?

Seems to be something to do with Gigabyte Control Centre.

3. barcastaff

barcastaff Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you have an external monitor plugged in whilst booting up? That could be the issue.

4. TheChadd

Reputations:
    I have been using an external monitor, however the message appears even when I boot without an external monitor connected.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

5. TheChadd

Reputations:
    Reinstalling Gigabyte Control Center appears to fix the issue. :)

6. SlinkyWig

SlinkyWig Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, first time post here and also a noob to computers in general. I have the Aero 15 WB i7 10875h with rtx 2070 max q. I've noticed a few things with thermals and cpu frequency when plugged in. It seems that with or without the Edge AI running, if the laptop is plugged in and at balanced or high performance power plan setting, it constantly runs at a high cpu frequency even at idle. This was causing my system to get massive temps even with a cpu cooling pad and with no cpu load. I re-pasted with thermal grizzly kryonaut and it had lowered the temps a bit it still runs at such a high frequency at idle and with high temps. I tried reaching out to Gigabyte and was given the run around. So far the only thing that helps is if I create my own power plan that lowers cpu freq when plugged in then manually change it to high performance when gaming or performing tasks that require high cpu freq. I guess my question is, is this normal? I assumed that the cpu would automatically regulate its frequency depending on the load placed upon it, rather than constantly run at high frequency even at idle. I am not sure how to post screen shots onto this thread so directions how to do that would be appreciated and I'd be happy to show em. Thank you!!!

7. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I own an Aero 15 1.gen (i7-7700). I bought it years ago but today I wanted to use the webcam for the first time. It does not work. Windows does not find the integrated webcam. Windows camera app states "we can't find your camera". Device manager lists only one camera (as hidden device) and states it "is not connected to the computer".

I tried to deactivate and activate the camera in Smart Manager but to no avail.

I also removed and reinstalled all camera related tools (AmCap, XSplitBroadcaster, TriDef SmartCam) that are available for download from the Gigabyte support page:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-7700HQ/support#support-dl-driver-utility

This also did not help. The camera is still not available and there are no drivers to be installed.

Is there any hidden trick to enable the camera?

Could the camera be disconnected internally (on a hardware level)? I had my Aero 15 sent in for repair and when it was returned, a note said that they had exchanged the motherboard. Maybe they forgot to connect the camera to the mainboard, if that is possible.

Thanks!

8. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I opened the case and I think I found the webcam connector.

The connector labeled CCD_CON1 has a cable that runs to the display. When disconnected, the microphones do not work. Further, "CCD" is short for charged coupled device which is a type of image transducer found in webcams. This indicates that this is indeed the connector for the webcam signals. Each one of the wires looks ok. I reconnected it but no improvement. The webcam is still dead. :-(

CCD_CON1.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  9. TonyKid10

TonyKid10 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I just bought an AERO 15 and I have found that the volume functions are not working on F7, F8, F9. It happens randomly indeed and I cannot figure out what went wrong either, sometimes restart would fix it but sometimes not.

Here you can find more people with this issue: www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/jsxc9m/volume_functions_not_working_on_f7_f8_f9_aorus_17x/

Are you aware of this issue and when we will have a solution? I have tried everything, also reinstalling the factory OS, and all drivers are up to date. Thank you.