*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. iRoxas

iRoxas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey all, I recently got the Aero 15 OLED WA model of this laptop and I've noticed that the CPU doesn't go past 4ghz even when it's using a single core, then I read that this could happen if c-states are disabled. I'm not sure if Gigabyte disabled c-states on this laptop, but from looking at HWiNFO and ThrottleStop it doesn't seem like they're enabled. If Gigabyte did disable the c-states on it, the only way to fix it would be to flash an unlocked BIOS and enable them, correct?

EDIT: Flashing the FB08 BIOS fixed it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  2. barcastaff

barcastaff Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the Thunderbolt 3 port not directly wired to the NVIDIA dedicated GPU? I could only use my DisplayPort Cable to use the left side DP1.4 port, and the TB3 port does not allow me to use the dGPU instead of the iGPU.

3. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Left side is USB-C DP Alt mode from DGPU for 2019 and 2020 model is DP proper yep. TB3 port is to igpu first still yes.

4. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a TB to DP cable and I can run games on an external monitor using the DGPU so it's possible (I have an Aero 15X v8).

B0B likes this.
  5. AlphaScorpii

AlphaScorpii Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How can I switch from Intel integrated graphics to nvidia in BIOS?
    I have UHD screen but in display settings or intel center, I can't put 2560x1440... there is many options but not that one. I read that in nvidia control panel I can set up custom resolution but in nvidia control panel I don't have display tab with "change resolution" option.. only 3d settings

6. WmrFalcon

WmrFalcon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone! Im a new Aero 15 SA owner and am struggling with an nvme ssd upgrade and wondered if anyone has any ideas. First off system specs:
    I7 9750H
    2x8Gb Samsung Ram
    1660ti
    512Gb Intel 760p
    And finally the problem is the new sk hynix p31 nvme 1Tb that Im attempting to install in the second nvme slot.
    Long story short any time the P31 is plugged in the system freezes on the gigabyte logo and wont respond to setup/boot/recovery. I have tried booting with it being the only attached drive and doing a fresh windows install via usb recovery ms tool. Also attempted changing bios between fb09-07 and fb08-07 with no changes. Any time the drive is connected to either slot it refuses to boot or access setup. Also tried legacy and uefi options in bios to try csm solutions others have had luck with in similar situations. Being honest though that stuff is a little out of my depth. Naturally I would assume the P31 drive was doa at this point but it flawlessly booted a fresh windows install on our xps 15 a minute ago and still no dice with the aero.
    Apologies for the long post but this has been pushing my patience haha. Any ideas?

7. Dan Mornill

Dan Mornill Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Have you noticed the frequent updates of the GCC these last few weeks ?

8. TSamee

TSamee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone noticed FPS issues when connected via HDMI? I plugged into my TV for the first time today, made sure to set the display resolution and refresh rate to 1080p/60Hz in Nvidia and Windows settings, and can't seem to go above 50fps. Testing the refresh rate of my display online, I'm seeing a solid 60Hz. But in-game, and it doesn't matter what game, my framerate is capped at 50. This is the 9750H/2080 Max-Q Aero 15, with FB08 BIOS flashed. Framerates go back to normal once I unplug from the TV.

I'm wondering if this is something specific to the laptop, or if something else is the matter.

9. E1Burridge

E1Burridge Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm looking into buying the AERO 15 OLED WB with RTX 2070 Max-Q and would like to hook it up to a 4K external display through a Docking Station (someone mentioned one from i-tec few pages back).
    Since TB and the power cable port are on the same side, I was wondering if the following would work :
    - use the iGPU through TB port to display the image on the external display
    - at the same time/as needed use the dGPU for video/photo editing and gaming. No external display attached to the HDMI or miniDP port,
    but the editing software should be able to fully use the resources of the dGPU.

What I am trying to achieve is to have only two cables that connect only on one side of the laptop, really want to avoid having cables connected on both sides.
    This way I can tuck the laptop away when at home (one of the YT reviews mentioned it should be able to work with full performance when the lid is closed),
    connect two cables to it and work on the external display.
    From what I found, there is a possibility in Windows to assign GPUs to individual applications, or even to do it through a context menu when starting the application,
    but there is no info about where the external display has to be connected or if it makes any difference at all.

Maybe it is a basic question, but the variety of ports and their versions, alongside with lack of detailed specs information,
    make it hard to understand what are the possibilities and limitations

Thanks in advance!

10. ahmetcan44

ahmetcan44 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cannot download Thunderbolt Control Center from MS Store. I have the 15 SA OLED. Any solutions?

Windows 10 version is 2004.

MS Store Error Code is 0x803FB005

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020