*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. tm125690

tm125690 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    I recently purchased the Aero 15 OLED XB i7-10875H RTX 2070 super max-q. Very happy with initial testing. I created a usb recovery drive through the Gigabyte ControlCenter app.

I also purchased a 1TB Samsung 970 evo plus. I installed it in the laptop in the second nvme slot, ran samsung data migration to clone the original drive contents over to the Samsung. Tried turning the laptop back on, got an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE blue screen error. I tried removing the original drive from the boot order in BIOS, still got the same blue screen error. I physically removed the original nvme drive and swapped the samsung 970 into the slot that the original drive was in. I powered the laptop back up and all seemed to be working fine.

But then I opened up the Gigabyte ControlCenter again, and saw that something had changed. Previously, in the bottom center of the ControlCenter widget there had been controls to set the power level of the cpu and the gpu (I think there were 4 levels for CPU, and 2 levels for the GPU). Now, the ControlCenter simply lists the CPU and GPU, but doesn't have controls available to adjust their power levels.

Any idea what I did wrong? Was the problem that I used samsung Data Migration? Should I have used Macrium instead to make sure that I copied absolutely everything from the intel drive that was originally in the laptop? Do those graphical controls in the Gigabyte ControlCenter matter at all? Is there a way to manage those settings outside the Gigabyte ControlCenter?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a photo of the ControlCenter after the samsung went in, when the graphical controls disappeared.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Jack_Ssan

Jack_Ssan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi tm125690 !

Did you find a solution for your ControlCenter issue ? Did you noticed it only when unplugged or all the time ?
    If you still struggle with it, maybe should you give the AeroCtl software a try (
    https://nxs.re/2019/08/19/aero.html) ?

Imo, this issue might be related to the fact the OEM drive has Optane tech in it... (If someone can confirm this ?)

Also, can you tell me what Bios version you are running by now ? Did your cpu get the oh-so-sweat Plundervolt limitation ?
    If so, how are the thermals for now ?

Have fun with your new beast ! ;)

3. barcastaff

barcastaff Newbie

Reputations:
  4. Rovels

Rovels Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I need help.

Is anyone know what is inside this part/area of my Aero 15 (2017)? Please look at the picture.

That area is bulging and I have no idea what is below/inside that surface.

It had been repaired before, changed the fan module.

Really appreciate any information I can get. Thanks

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      780.6 KB
      Views:
  5. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You have a swollen battery and you need to take it out. I documented it happening to me here

6. Rovels

Rovels Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, thanks, I read your messages last week and I have replaced my battery. Quite costly but it must be done.

Does anyone know what usually/mostly makes battery swollen in case of Aero 15 laptop? Mine is Aero 15 classic (2017).

7. barcastaff

barcastaff Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone has the B02 bios for Aero 15 Classic-YA? The one with the unlocked C-states and can boost higher. I'm not sure if B03 is also fine but definitely not B04. This BIOS is horrible

8. paulus99

paulus99 Newbie

Reputations:
    Downgrade from B04 to B02 is possible, I did not check the B03 version. For all 4 versions of Aero Classic (Sa, YA etc) BIOS file is the same. Send me your email, I'll send a B02.

9. buddy1065

buddy1065 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I could not remove the fan covers as they seemed welded or glued onto the AC cooling metal conduit so I just lifted the covers once screws were removed and bent them back enough to pull off fans. This laptop is over two years old and the intake vents were caked with dust as you can see. Once back together there was a DRAMATIC difference in fan speed. Could hardly hear fans as I ran a game. These are just tips, not instructions on how to fix a buzzing fan. Even though only one was buzzing I opened the other fan cover to clean the air intake vent, which was also caked with dust.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  10. buddy1065

buddy1065 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    See pic below for items used. Runs like a new Aero 15 laptop. No more fan buzzing. Runs much cooler. Fan may be difficult to pull off unless you are twisting it as you gently pull upward. Not responsible for your damage. Google YouTube 'Laptop fan repair" like I did for more info. Alcohol was used to clean fan shaft before oiling it.

EDIT: The gun oil did not last. Today is Sept 11th, 2020 and this time I am using motorcycle chain lube spray from a can. It comes out as a foam. Just a drop on the shaft.

EDIT: The chain lube seems to be doing fine. The fan is still whisper quiet as of Dec 30, 2020

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020