*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. werdmonkey4321

werdmonkey4321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone here have an RTX 2070 Super Max-Q gpu? Could they save their bios and send it to me? Also could they provide a GPU-Z screenshot as well. I'm looking for a 90 watt bios to flash into my GS66.

2. Bingowings

Bingowings Newbie

Reputations:
    I love how the clowns at Gigabyte have just reuploaded the FB09 BIOS and a few days ago added the FB08 BIOS to the download list. Anyone prepared to find out what has changed in the FB09 v2? I'm not, unless they list changes. Absolute idiots.

On a sidenote, I still can't believe how poor this OLED screen is!

3. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Probably did a sanity check recompile of FB09 and re-allowed FB08 to be downloaded due to complaints. Im not tempting it lol

4. mikefize

mikefize Newbie

Reputations:
    Just today I checked mine with an X-Rite i1 Pro. Got 100% sRGB, 99% AdobeRGB and 100% DCI-P3 and DeltaE of 0.3 in average and 1.4 max. This is ****ing fantastic. The only thing you could complain about is mediocre grey uniformity because of vertical banding. Mine's not affected too much and I'll take banding anytime over IPS glow.

5. Zigzagzug

Zigzagzug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have been tuning my 15x v8 and after undervolting the CPU, clean install and a WD Blue SN550 SSD it's running great. CPU Temp stays below 85c under heavy load and runs at 3.9-4 GHz. Haven't repasted so far.
    I need advice:

1. I am trying to install HX426S15IB2K2/32 - two sticks of 16 gb hiperx ram. So far it doesn't even post. I came across others getting this ram to work - any advice? My bios has never been updated, I think it's FB03. My guess is that updating it might allow me to use the memory.

2. I can't update the bios because my battery is dead. Any way to get around the battery check on the flash utility? I've ordered a new battery, but that would take a month ;(

3. I've tried to OC the 1070 with afterburner, but can't get past 1575 MHz on the core - keeps hitting the power limit. Any way to go higher? What is the optimal way to set the voltage curve in afb? I'm getting around 13200 fire strike scores, but I've seen people post results well past 14k
    Thanks

6. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    Those models are picky with RAM. Install one stick, boot into the bios and run Optimized Defaults save and exit.

After you’re in Windows, shut it down and add the other stick of memory. Sometimes this works.

7. Zigzagzug

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'll try the optimize option.
    Even with one stick it doesn't boot. I have to have another cl19 stick of crucial ram in the other slot and then ram runs at 2400.

8. Zigzagzug

Reputations:
    Hi Monkey, I've been trying to get the same hyperX cl 15 HX426S15IB2/32 ram to work.
    No luck so far. I can only get the laptop to post if I mix one stick of this kit with a different slower ram and it then runs at 2400mhz dual channel.
    Which bios version were you running? Any other steps?
    Thanks , for any advice.

9. tm125690

tm125690 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if a 9th gen aero 15 can be undervolted using the FB08 firmware that is available on the downloads page? (Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm deciding between buying a 9th gen aero 15 now, or picking up a new 10th gen)

Thank you very much,

10. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm that Gigabtyte has locked any of their laptops out of Undervolting yet?

I have the Aero 15-8750h, Aero-15 9750h and Aorus 7-10750h. All still UV.