*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would suggest buying from a place with good return policy. Is really hit or miss. I know for the v8 with the GSkill, there were two variants of it and only one works

2. gran_lexu

gran_lexu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, anyone have the Control Center 19.02.23.01 for the aero v8? Thanks

3. Dan Mornill

Dan Mornill Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,
    Satisfied owner of an Aero 9th gen OLED since a month, I would like to know if anyone tried AeroCtl instead of the Control Center ?
    It has been developped by a Gigabyte user like us, and seems less messy than the original software. Plus you can edit a fan control curve more smoother (starting from 0 rpm).

4. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In their documentation it says "As of now, it has been tested on an AERO 15Xv8 and AERO 15-SA" which would indicate that it will likely work. SA is just the FHD version of what we have

Tested it and it works but you are going to have major DPC Latency problems. (Spikes over 4000) when with the program closed it never goes above 700 for me. I opened a bug report so they can maybe track it down because they are doing gods work lol

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  5. Dan Mornill

Dan Mornill Newbie

Reputations:
    On my side the main problem is that is doesn't cope with the keybord LEDs, which is a bit frustrating.
    I do not use them much, but in dark conditions it is quite useful.
    If only Gigabyte could provide a better custom curve for the fans (I read the last 50 pages of this topic so I know it is quite hypothetical...)

6. guozz1

guozz1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you so much! reverting back to this Bios totally fixed my C-states issue. After updating the bios, It would never go below 1.5w package power and the C-state sensors were unavailable

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  7. mikefize

mikefize Newbie

Reputations:
    In case anyone is wondering: I had already given up on finding a reliable docking solution for a dual 4k 60hz setup on the Aero 15 OLED. The TB3 port supports only a single monitor and I didn't want to go down the DisplayLink lane.

However: You can use the USB-C/DP 1.4 port. As it is wired directly to the dGPU, it supports DPC which allows to connect two external 4k 60hz displays via a dock that supports HBR3 DSC and MST. There aren't many products on the market yet with that specification. I use an i-tec USB-C dock and I think some of the HP TB3 Docks also support HBR3 DSC.

Works like a charm! One cable, two 4k 60hz monitors and Gbit Ethernet. Finally!

8. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you give the link that you have?

9. mikefize

mikefize Newbie

Reputations:
    alaskajoel likes this.
  10. timp

timp Newbie

Reputations:
    With AERO 15 SB, i can't use wake on lan. I try different Ethernet driver, Bios setting, disable fast startup...
    WOL work fine for all another PC but not this AERO. Did you try it ?