*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. sksbros

sksbros Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys.

Is anyone having trouble with the Bluetooth and connecting to certain devices?

I have a AERO 15 OLED SA and no matter how many things I try, it won't connect to my Airpods.

My previous XPS had no issues with connecting to it.

Wondering if anyone has any solutions? I've tried everything so far without any success. :(

2. fackamato

fackamato Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't think the screen supports HDR.

3. fackamato

fackamato Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What do you guys think about longevity of the laptop if it is used in folding??

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  5. spectergray

spectergray Newbie

Reputations:
    I had a question on the warranty for the Aero 15 x9-RT5W (i7 8750H, RTX 2070, 144Hz LG IPS). Note this is the first gen RTX ones, the second gen ones are those with the 9th gen i9s and the 240 Hz display. I checked the Gigabyte online warranty checker and saw that my laptop had a 2 year warranty. However, I had bought this on Amazon where it says there is 1 year Global warranty? I know the OLED models had a 1 year warranty but just wanted to check if that is the case for my laptop too.

I cannot find any laptop sticker that tells me this information. All I know is that the laptop was manufactured in January 2019 and I know the check number and serial number from the sticker at the bottom.

6. TSamee

TSamee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Decided to try out the Aero 15 Classic YA-F74ADP. It's set to arrive today and I'm excited to set it up. However, I had some questions:

• When did this model come out? The only Aero 15 Y reviews I can find seem to have the i9 chip, not the i7
    • What performance gains if any are you seeing from the 2080 Max-Q versus the 2070?
    • Why does the 2080 Max-Q version of the Aero 15 benchmark significantly lower than the Blade 15 with a 2070 Max-Q? Are there ways to improve the performance without sacrificing thermals?

7. Deathalo

Deathalo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It most certainly does

8. Teiji

Teiji Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

My laptop fans seem to be failing and makes really loud noises, so I need to replace it. Does anyone know the model of the fans (and where to buy them) for the GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED SA-7US5130SH?

9. rooney111

rooney111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    RE: Aero 15X v8 8750h

Has anyone here updated the BIOS "without" having any issues?
    I've been getting a lot of "The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS."

leading up to some one-off reboots so was contemplating updating the BIOS. Just a little scared because searching Aero 15X v8 8750h BIOS brings up a ton of issues where people have tried to update BIOS. I'm still on FB06/F006

10. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well dont bother going nuts if 20.04.13.01 control center update wont unzip. Gigabyte managed to corrupt the zip file they uploaded. Oh...and FB09 is released but heck knows what that changes.