*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Jalen9762

Jalen9762 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Will the Aorus laptops have the new GPU's after Nvidia GTC? I am looking to get the Aorus 17 ya-9us2452sh

2. espmic86

espmic86 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For everyone I would wait 5 months , we don't die waiting for the laptop, and wait for new models that will come at same price with RTX 30xx series with better performance lower wattage and better ray tracing, and RTX 20xx laptops will cost less as well as 9750h because new laptops will surely have gen10 intel + Nvidia rtx 30xx, so better to wait to have almost double performance at same performance or to get an aero 15 oled WA and xa at 500 eur less than now, I would buy ONLY if you can find an offer for not more than 1800 eur or 2000 USD tax included for 9750h 16gb 512ssd and rtx 2070 8gb, or would buy ONLY if you need it absolutely NOW for whatever reason, but in all other case I would rather wait July and get new versions (whatever razer, msi, gigabyte, Asus, dell).

3. Jalen9762

Reputations:
    thanks for the answer

4. Jalen9762

Reputations:
    is there an owner's lounge for Aorus 17?

5. espmic86

Reputations:
    Timespy_score_RTX2070MaxQ.jpg firestrike_scores_RTX2070MAXQ.jpg sottr_DLSS_AF16x_1080p_RTXultra_highestpreset_RTX2070MaxQ.jpg got final tweaks done and final astonishing result as pure as a full 2070 and as good as a double prices alienmare area 51m with 2070 or 2080... still in a tiny laptop never drops under 4ghz all cores and under 100w gpu, never throttle, temps never above 73°C both cpu and GPU... crazy, really no words, was able to perform even better of my previous already amazing results.

Shadow of the tomb raider is set to highest preset, then activated all effects, moved all extra things on ultra, moved AF to 16x, RTX shadows on ULTRA, all effects maxed, DLSS on... normally in the tests around they just set highest preset and don't add these extra feauters, even though this test surpassed all best laptops test... this is really a 4K gaming desktop closed in a tiny laptop.

This is official, the best gaming laptop for enthusiasts, creators and gamers is the aero 15 oled, just some tweaks, which is nice to do for people who like it, and no laptop comes really with a perfect setup so even costly dell's must be optimized by users.

Just to tell, i got a pc with 9900KS and overclocked 2060 Super which makes THE SAME SCORES, but consumes 4x, noisy 4x, and cpu goes to 90°C, and it's a full sized desktop... this is a small tiny light laptop... no even need bigger gaming laptops with better cooling, can bring this everywhere and have same performance of 4000 eur laptops.... cannot say nothing more, just look at the updated screens... all screens and infos and files uses can be found on my drive

6. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Don't mean to rain on your parade here, but I got similar results with Alienware m15 R1 2070MQ after tweaks. The GPU actually runs at 68C tops. Two things that the Aero doesn't have is the AGA port and onsite support. These are significant downsides. Gigabytes also have this idiotic warranty void sticker which can cause warranty issues in some countries. Don't get me wrong, I hope Gigabyte manages to somehow improve, because we need the competition, particularly given the way Dellienware is going (soldered RAM in the m15 R2).

7. espmic86

Reputations:
    And considering its bigger, and costs more, and has 2400mhz ram (beside soldered) and has no real tb3 (2x PCIe real and not 4x) and considering you got "similar" but non even close (otherwise show them), and considering dell always have bugs despite their assistence (which was not good to be honest the only time I needed it, and I sent just now an aero back for warranty whic I broke myself with liquid metal and the replaced it and sent me a new one even if it was so evident that the damage was caused by the user....)

Don't want to ruin your parade, but r1 sucks for many aspects... This turn dell is beside both razer and gigabyte (only pro side is probably screen)... But considering all other things, even battery duration and real performance (words are a thing, real show is another) this time dell lost ( I have always been a dell user).also note that for real gaming notebook so far the only choice was a big desktop replacement such as Alienware area 51m, now finally we can use tiny portable laptop as desktop replacement.

Dell M15 r1 and r2 was my choice, but price not, real thunderbolt full 4x no, and ram 2400 MHz soldered, and bigger and uglier ... No way to compare man, I don't even know why you did it, probably just because you are a dell user and want to protect your r1 when there is no need to do it cause no-one was critizing dell, but since you wrote it, well, there is no way to compare, also warranty side... M15 r1 can be an option ONLY at 509 USD less for each variantt

8. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Err. Where do I start lol.
    1. I'm talking about m15 R1, this doesn't have soldered RAM - I'm running 32GB of 2666Mhz RAM. If you want to start bashing the R2, I'm up for that anytime, let's head over to their user's lounge bro :D
    2. Not sure where you got that 2x2 TB from - AFAIK both laptops have 1x4 TB3 (there were some issues in TB3 AW13, perhaps you got confused by that): https://www.ultrabookreview.com/10579-laptops-thunderbolt-3/
    3. My TimeSpy score was basically identical several months ago: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/m15-m17-bios-1-6-2.828681/
    4. "considering dell always have bugs despite their assistence" - not sure what that means, sorry. Did you mean that Dell computers have BIOS/software issues, while Gigabyte doesn't? Hard to believe, e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/bgv1a4/keyboard_not_working_after_gigabyte_control/
    5. What was the turnaround time between sending an Aero into service and getting a repaired machine back. Prof Google tells us it's a month plus, depending on location
    6. "this time dell lost" If by this time, you mean latest 15 inch laptops then I agree - m15 R2 sucks, but then you mention the R1 which is 1 year old - so confusing
    7. "Dell M15 r1 and r2 was my choice... ram 2400 MHz soldered" - again mixing up two different machines followed by unnecessary rambling
    8. "Bigger and uglier": I like the Aero and m15 R1 designs - they are pretty similar. The m15 R2 is a big step in a wrong direction for me, but some gamers and design people love it (I'm neither)
    9. "want to protect your r1 when there is no need to do it cause no-one was critizing dell" - My R1 doesn't need any protection. The reason for my post was to respond to your claim that that particular Aero is the best option in its class (8750/9750H CPU+2070MQ) - it's clearly not - even considering the price. Right now these R1 machines are offered at around $1300 in the US. Even a year ago, I got my m15 at a good discount to an equivalent Aero 15. In fact Dell was great, since I could pick the exact config, i.e. minimal SSD and RAM, so I can put in my own top spec components. One doesn't get that flexibility with Gigabyte.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    ericxps likes this.
  9. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to sell an Aero? I've had my 17 on Ebay for a while now - fairly priced and so far zero interest. ????

10. Deathalo

Deathalo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how to get HDR to work with High Performance Graphics (i.e. the Nvidia GPU, not the HD630). I've been trying to watch Netflix in HDR but when I switch Windows over to HDR mode and load up something like the F1 show on Netflix the HD 630 integrated graphics goes to 99-100% load and the video stutters and just can't keep up, sometimes I even start to see artifacts from the strain on the chip, same thing for Edge. But HDR only seems to work on that card, when I switch the apps to use High-performance graphics (1660ti in my machine), HDR is no longer an option and it doesn't play in HDR on netflix or Edge anymore. Netflix info shows it playing in HEVC HDR on the 630 but AVC on the 1660ti. I'm on nvidia driver 441.87, is there anyway to use the card to play HDR on the built in laptop screen? Because the integrated graphics just can't handle it.