*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I upgraded my wifi chip to AX200 without any problems as well.

Attached Files:

2. Evgeny P

Evgeny P Newbie

Reputations:
    problem solved

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  3. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just submit my laptop for another service. Left fan producing weird whining sound Aero 15x v8.
    Based on my service center experience, since my last trouble with my SSD there are quite a number of v8 that also have SSD Failure.

4. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Greetings,

Has anyone run into an issue resetting their Aero? I just tried and am getting...

"There was a problem resetting your PC"
    "No changes were made"

Anyone else see this?

Is there an easy fix?

Are there any issues installing from USB/Media Creation Tool?

Thanks!!!!

5. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I figured this out. Looks like Gigabyte disabled the normal Windows reset function. If you choose reboot options (I think), you get to a Gigabyte reset option. Works as expected.

6. r3sonant

r3sonant Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I wonder if any one can help me.

I have a Gigabyte Aero 15 X9. I have had it since March 2019 and am very happy with it, except, I have just started coding again and the ;/: key is very hard to use.

I hadn't noticed before as I don't use it a huge amount when not coding. I am pretty sure I tested every key when I received it.

Has anyone else had this issue with this or other keys? Is there a fix I can implement? I don't really want to send it back over one key.

How easy are they to remove, in case something has got itself lodged under it. Does anyone have any instructions on how to do so?

Thanks.

7. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is the TB3 just TB3 or it also has USB-C functionality?

8. espmic86

espmic86 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is this the one which is stock in new oled 2019 models, right?

anyone is there anyone who modded successfully bios or got any kind of improvements or achievements with the RTX 2070 MaxQ model? Normally it's limited to 80w-90w, what are your timespy results with this model and who achieved better and how? anyone undervolting or creating a fixed voltage with afterburner?

9. espmic86

Reputations:
    This is after all useless since all vrms are tested max.for 100w tdp and also cooling system will never do it.

Official 1070 and 2070 full specs are 170w, 1070 2079 maxq range from 80,90,100 and max 115w, all bios flash ends with hardware limiting tdp as forced by bios manufacturer and it doesn't work properly , example I flashed on rtx 2070 a 115w bios, all is recognized it constantly gives 115w usage at max 300mhz at 0,6v and never raises temps cause hardware is limited and bios go crazy cause doesn't understand and communicate well with vBIOs, from what I can say there is no risk flashing even wrong bios, even different boards, it just won't work, in some cases will get unrecognised hardware and giving 0mhz and GPUZ doesn't red it well, just reflash stock bios.... Example, Alienware 2070 in area 51m is a full sized laptop with 170w thermal cryo design and can handle it, if you flash on M15 r2 which max go to 100w it will probably flash well, just go crazy vrm, bios limits to 100w anyway, and even if it works you will get 110° and even 115 w and burn everything... Just useless to try to do it for whatever manufacturer... Will never work

Also consider difference is marginal, example? I get 15.000 firestrike and 6500 timespy with 100w tweaked 2070max q.... The best twekead area 51m with 180w full 2080 (2080!!!!!!! 180w) makes 8500 timespy and 18500 firestrike... Same goes for msi ge65 and 75... All other 2070 maxq from Asus and hp and razer make even worse (zsame results of 206p rtx max 6700 timespy and 13000 firestrike)... So in my opinion just use a 1070 or 207o max q in a thin laptop trying to get max 100w and temps under control with CPU undervolt, thermal pads, liquid metal, gpu curve at sweet spot (usually from 0,75 to 0,8,v and the maximum frequencies for each voltage step for a 100w design) and you get the max out of any laptop producer (actually 15% more for a stock 9750h and 2070maxq, as close as to full 2070 and even 2080... Really no need to go over and prefer and this and cold laptop maybe with oled 4k display. If you look at my updated results in my drive you will get astonished... Just as close as to a 3500 eur area 51m and better of all razer blade 17 pro and M15 r2 and hp omen... Better then all, 4k oled at only 1800 eur with a 2070max 512ssd 16gb ram? You use the extra saved money for 32gb memory and 2x2tb ssds and liquid metal and thermal pads and make undervolt and vBIOs flash and tuning and you get a 300% times more loaded workstation with more memory and space and a real winner as desktop replacer with difference that it's still tiny and small and with best of the best screen... Just for comparison my 3500 main rig with 9900ks and 2080ti all oberxlocked and 32 GB rams at 4000mhz low cas gets just the double in each score and game... Which is useless in 1080pz. And prefer to play on laptop everywhere, noticing that laptop makes max 100w gpu and 50w CPU still has the same power of my desktop which costs the double and makes 200w CPU 380w gpu... Not considering space and extra to buy mouse keyboard monitor speakers etc.... The aero 15 2019 oled line is an absolute winner and reap horsepower workstation gaming station at a fraction of cost, just need some tuning.... Tomb raider shadow version heavyest game at the moment played with RTX ultra shadows all maxed out and you make 66fps average? Even MSI ge65 9sf which was the winner of all gaming laptop makes 58 fps in that test and with highest preset not maxed as my test... Really... Tested all laptops, aero 15 oled tweaked 2019 line is the best for everyonez even pc gamers...

Really looking at my review and drive pictures everyone will get surprised, even an Alienware area51m 2080 rtx user will get pissed off .. also considering how beautiful at thin aero is and the fact that has the best keyboard and full size and best touchpad among all of these (after installing proper drive) also consider m15 r2 even uses still 2400mhzz here we have 2666... No way...

Also ending up that more than 100w vBIOs in thin laptop is useless so just stop trying, just get it tweaked getting the maximum out of your 90w or 100w

Updated screens... Just amazing testing and review

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=15kOJ3mDAw8KHGkSCKkHxbI3lAO963xUK

10. espmic86

Reputations:
    Just an example of real gaming and real power, to see how a smal cost still tiny laptop can be better of a huge 3500 model with 2070 full or 2080 full, look at the following:
    1725mhz real clock graphic card and 1650 MHz memory (6600mhz GDDR6 or 13200 MHz gbps as reported in standard specs).

100w card, CPU always at 4ghz all cores, other drop to 3,3ghz, full card of 170w drop due to heat, and they are also noisy, this say chill with no fan noise

Temps never go over 70°C even with super clocked and performing CPU and GPU with CPU always at 4ghz 12 thread 6 cores.

And you get more than 100fps with highest preset test that all reviewers do for shadow of tomb raider and more than 66 average fps with maxed out graphic all effects on a effects moved to ultra over the highest preset and manually set anisotropic at 16x and with RTX shadows set to ULTRA, screen below, this is something even a desktop can't achieve and we have this at overall system power consumption of 150w, look at afterburner stats on screen to get the meaning of this words... Really can't say more... Even an area 51m due to high heat and big case and cost and watt usage and overall similar performance can't stay at competition with this, considering that it's one of the few real 4x thunderbolt 3 laptop where others limit it to 2x without saying it and also this has the fastest uhs ii reader... Really no words guys

sottr_DLSS_1080p_highestpreset_official-reviews-comparison.jpg sottr_DLSS_AF16x_1080p_RTXultra_all-effects-maxed.jpg