*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Eduardo Torres

Eduardo Torres Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I've seen this issue come up on many posts in this threat, but after a long afternoon read, i haven't found a solution.

I have an Aero 15X i7 7700-HQ with GTX-1070 max-Q.

So the issue seems to be the dGPU doesn't go idle while on DC and battery lasts around 3-4 hours. If i restart the laptop, it usually gets fixed.
    The thing is, everytime i use my laptop while plugged in,when I unplug it, i have to restart to get a decent battery life. I use Throttlestop and while the dGPU is active, the PKG consumption never goes under 12W (normally 1-5W on idle). I've read in this threat something about "Optimus" from Nvidia not working correctly or something on those lines.

As I've read on previous posts, I've tried the following things:
    - Reseted all my Intel and Nvidia drivers to the ones Gigabyte recommend on their SmartUpdate.
    - Checked and reseted my power management plans.
    - Cheched the GPU usage through Nvidia's Control Panel and GPU is active without actually any processes using it.​

If anyone from the previous posts with the same issue achieved solving this, I'd love to know how you managed it.
    Thanks to everyone's answers in advance.

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I would use the display driver uninstaller (DDU) to remove all of your NVIDIA drivers and then reinstall it to see if that helps. There have been some issues with other laptops running the newest NVIDIA drivers and it doing the same thing.

3. Eduardo Torres

Eduardo Torres Newbie

Reputations:
    I've tried what u said with DDU, installed the latest 411.63 Nvidia Driver on Gigabyte's page and still with the same issue...

Thanks for ur time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I can't tell from the picture, but is your dGPU actually powered on? One odd thing that I've noticed in your picture is your CPU is at a high wattage if it's idle. Do you have the rapid storage drivers installed?

5. Eduardo Torres

Eduardo Torres Newbie

Reputations:
    Through the picture i wanted to show how the GPU should be idle but the Smartmanager is till monitoring the temperature. And yes, the CPU's wattage is what's lowering the battery so much...

I have never hear do "rapid storage drivers" before, should i install them or something?

6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    yeah I would try that, if they aren't updated your cpu can stay in a higher power mode. It's worth a shot.

7. Eduardo Torres

Eduardo Torres Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry for asking but, aren't those drivers specific for Intel's Optane modules? I'm using two SSD.

Thanks for ur time. :)

8. espmic86

espmic86 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    None works on the aero oled, tried gskill and also Corsair I looked with my eyes they have jedec profile 2666 c18 but still no boot ... This is gigabyte limiting bios with a check for Samsung rams serials otherwise stops booting... They did it voluntary, in fact the aero 2019 oled lists only Samsung compatible. Tried all sets or rams in this thread, ALL, bought 1000 eurn of rams and sent back to Amazon the same day, you won't install anything but Samsung on 2019 models, and this is something to legally point to gigabyte (what's if after warranty I have to repair my notebook and can't find any Samsung? Can't use even warranty? This is legally pointless, the notebook MUST be compatible with rams that reach specs in few words any stick which has a jedec 2666mhz profile... All these rams have it but no hoot.... Only boots if one stick Samsung is in but due to different jedec profiles and timings they meet all a compromise with same jedec timings on a 1200mhz configurations... It's now obvious to all that whoever installed different rams did something upon multiple restarts that bypassed somehow the gigabyte checks on startup, in fact they all have the same problem again after each bios update ... So don't mind about changing rams... It's all about gigabyte and bios .. just let's do a multiple complaint to gigabyte or an official petition to unlock next bios release for ram compatibility)

Fionald likes this.
  9. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ...let's do a multiple complaint to gigabyte or an official petition to unlock next bios release for ram compatibility

LOL, dream on. GB won't fix things even when their own employees acknowledge the problem.

Fionald likes this.
  10. betaelmer

betaelmer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Just upgraded the wifi over the weekend to Intel Win-Fi 6 AX200 and everything works as expected.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: