*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. marltonn

marltonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello!

I have a Aero 15x (i7-8750H). I am looking into buying an external monitor for it but I've never had a extra monitor before. Is there anything I should look for in terms of compatibility when shopping for a monitor?

2. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So my battery would not charge above ~80% and then I started noticing the track pad was bulging out. Turns out the battery was swollen! So something else for the rest of you to look forward to! 20200120_145957.jpg 20200120_150008.jpg

3. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Where is the best place to sell an Aero laptop? I am having serious regrets about my 17 SA (circuit whine, horrible fan management, weight, etc.) and am thinking of buying my old XPS 15 9560 again.

4. espmic86

espmic86 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Also for those who may interested I suggested flash an Asus strix rtx 2060 90 watt limiter bios on the rtx 2060 80 watt of were 15 oled WA, that bios also had better voltage control and very higher speeds and i got a big boostz undervolted CPU -0,155 but still thermals are a paifor those who want a stock better gpu it's safe guaranteed to flash strix bios using nvflash.

Anyone can help me with the other problems?

5. espmic86

Reputations:
    please can you help me? i bought this laptop and those ram reading your post but i wasn't registered on the forum until now

i got aero 15 oled WA with bios FB08 FC007 and no way to let it boot with HX426S15IB2K2/32

it requires one original 8gb samsung stick to be in, whatever slot, whatever position, but kingston alone don't work, but with samsung each kingstin stick work in a 8 + 16gb setup....

i think it's bios? or gen 9 cpu? or just luck trying to reboot over and over swapping slots?

Hope you can help cause the reason of upgrading is CL15 for me, not the amount of memory, dual channel 2x8gb are enough in performance, the CL15 would have made the difference and these kingston were the only reported to work in this thread.... hope you read this message... i don't want to burn 150 eur for unused rams LOL!

Fionald likes this.
  6. espmic86

Reputations:
    please can you help me? i bought this laptop and those ram reading your post but i wasn't registered on the forum until now

i got aero 15 oled WA with bios FB08 FC007 and no way to let it boot with HX426S15IB2K2/32

it requires one original 8gb samsung stick to be in, whatever slot, whatever position, but kingston alone don't work, but with samsung each kingstin stick work in a 8 + 16gb setup....

i think it's bios? or gen 9 cpu? or just luck trying to reboot over and over swapping slots?

Hope you can help cause the reason of upgrading is CL15 for me, not the amount of memory, dual channel 2x8gb are enough in performance, the CL15 would have made the difference and these kingston were the only reported to work in this thread.... hope you read this message... i don't want to burn 150 eur for unused rams LOL!

Fionald likes this.
  7. espmic86

Reputations:

i got aero 15 oled and turns that you must activate HDR in windows, but it ****s all colors and brightnes and also framerate (stuttering 30fps) and unwatchable things... all games are greyed out and also on chrome youtube doesn't show HDR untill i applied HDR in windows but it was ****ed up... did you solve this problem to have good HDR contents?

8. espmic86

Reputations:
    Hi mate, could you help me too? Got aero 15 oled WA bios FB08 firmware fc007 and no way t get these ram works, starts only with one stick original 8gn Samsung, the other Kingston get recognized at 2400mhz (both, the Samsung gets downgraded) and it reveals only as xmp and no jedec, but they are jedec compliant 2666 cl15 1,20v according to their datasheet. If I put only Kingston there is black screen.
    Someone got same problem but ended successfully somehow, got any clue?

9. Fionald

Fionald Newbie

Reputations:
    I just bought a kit of 32gb from amazon. HX426S15IBK2/32. With the latest Bios
    Tried all methods as mentioned in the forum but still face the blank screen.

I have tried the following and conclude that the aero 15 can only works with
    1) 1 x Kingston hyperx impact 16gb + 1 x Original stock Kingston 16gb
    Dual mode but Speed was at 2400 mhz.
    the performance was very good and less laggy

2) 1 x Crucial 16gb ram 2666 mhz cl19 + 1 x Original stock Kingston 16gb
    Dual mode but speed was at 2666 mhz
    But kind of laggy even at 2666 mhz.

I not sure as someone posted that it works in the aero15 bios FB05, ECF006. able to boot it with dual mode at speed of 2666 mhz.
    I not so sure whether the bios Fb05 would boot with the hyperx impact 32gb ?

Some even mentioned that it was the manufacturer of the ram.
    Previous Hyperx impact was samsung, now the current was hynix.

anyone able to boot the system with kit of 32gb hyperx impact 2666 mhz CL15 ?
    https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-HyperX-HX426S15IB2K2-32/dp/B01NAL3TYY

do share if possible as i understand that there are many users stranded with this issue.

Just want to boot with a dual mode at 2666 mhz with the 32gb Hyperx impact
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  10. mouazus

mouazus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,
    Do anyone tried to install the new Wifi 6 / BT5.1 card Intel AX200NGW on the Aero 15x v8 please ?