*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. besthijacker

besthijacker Newbie

Reputations:
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So the Aero 14 and Aero 15 both have the same size battery, however the 14 achieves significantly better battery life at 8 hours, despite having the same internals.

Is this because of the larger screen on the 15 using more power? Does the individual RGB keyboard also affect battery life?

bruno.uy likes this.
  3. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd think that is a good possibility, if not the larger size, perhaps the type of panel or maximum brightness suck more juice.

4. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    With my backlit keys off my "T" key somehow activates a specific column of keys(F5, 5, T, G, and V) to lit up red. I don't even have to press hard just a slight tap but at times it gets stuck so that column stays lit if I just tap it again it will unstick itself and turn off. I also have his issue with my numpad, the whole column with "PgDn","*", "9", "6", "3", and, "." turns on red when I press on the "9" key. However, I just noticed last night that even with my backlit keys on, the "T" and "9" still flashes on.

But my "C" key and the very end right side of the spacebar where my right thumb mostly sits both needs to be pressed on a little harder than the rest. I find myself having to go back to retype to make sure there's no typos but I do get it quite a bit while typing. It hasn't got better with longer usage. It's getting a bit annoying.

agent_pires likes this.
  5. vinceboiii

Reputations:
    I have CS:GO, L4D2, Sleeping Dogs, D3, Borderlands 2, Crysis 3, Witcher 3 and Enslaved Odyssey to the West installed. All games play great on high/ultra settings out but as soon as I play those games for 5 mins my temps shoot up to 85-91 degrees. I have more games but those are only what I have installed to test.

6. pengalomian

pengalomian Newbie

Reputations:
    Came from a macbook pro, desperately looking for skins / transparent keyboard protectors / trackpad skins or cases.

Anyone has any recommendation for these sort of exotic notebooks that manufacturers don't usually mass produce protection for?

7. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can anyone else confirm if they need to press a bit harder on certain keys please. The easiest test is to run fusion and use the "fade on key press" colour preset. Then try and press each key every so lightly and see how much force is required to light it. I have to push my O key down till it hits the board to light it unlike other keys that only require a light tap.

8. vinceboiii

Reputations:
    I plan on getting something from decalgirl. Luckily the top of the lid of the Aero 15 is flat so installation should be a breeze.

9. pengalomian

pengalomian Newbie

Reputations:
    I did consider decalgirl as well, but where I'm from I could get skins with the same quality and design as decalgirl at a fraction of its price. Problem is that it only covers the top.

Just trying my luck to see if anyone here knows of a manufacturer that could produce skins to cover most parts of the laptop. Something like dbrand!

vinceboiii likes this.
  10. Kamzu

Kamzu Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Tried looking for keyboard covers on ebay, no dice. =(