*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So just got my replacement aero 15 oled. Supper laggy when typing. I don't know if this is due to WIFI or something else. Does anyone know where I can replace the killer drivers with the intel ones? When using xtu, I have turbo boost power Max at 32Watts. I'm assuming this isn't how I reduce the cores down to 3.2ghz?

2. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Reducing turbo boost power max to 32w in XTU is def. not the way to do it :vbtongue: do not touch anything in XTU except for undervolting honestly. Gigabyte raises it to 80w I think but you can cap it down to like 65-70w. You do not want to really set any values under the tdp (45w) though it can be set to 35, you would just be gimping it across the board. For the drivers grab the intel drivers here and just nuke killer control center. Nuke AI too and see if that helps with the lag once you fix up XTU settings and switch away from smartmanager power plans too just use standard balanced. I would also run latencymon and post results because it could also be dpc issue once you fix everything up.

Thats coil whine and a luck of the draw :( its not dangerous or anything if you can live with it.

3. childprotectorofthenight

Reputations:
    Thanks for the feedback. How do I limit the cores at 3.2ghz using xtu? Sorry for all the questions again. Thanks for going above and beyond

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. childprotectorofthenight

Reputations:
    Never mind. I’m returning this thing tomorrow. It shouldn’t be having this many software issues for this price. I guess I’ll be going for a Razer Blade again which I swore off.

5. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've started using my new aero 15 oled RTX 2060 without a clean install and so far running smoothly without issues. However, battery life seems not able to hit the expected 8 hours for basic work. Can I check, for those of you who have done a clean install, did you see battery life improvements?

6. Brian Serafin

Brian Serafin Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello - I've got a keyboard LED pinch somwhere. Has anyone had this happened to their system? Mine is the Aero15w (1060GPU variant).

If i put slight palm pressure on the bottom left side of the laptop below the left CTRL key, my numpad row changes the entire color set from the PgDn key through the Del key.

I imagine this is caused by cables pinching inside the bottom panel. I can trigger the lights to match the selected color with very little pressure just to the left of the mouse pad. So I am not sure if I will be able to access this area to see what is shorting or pinching.

I've attached an image below.[​IMG]

7. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone try oculus link with the quest on their aero 15 yet?

8. quark98

quark98 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, Ive read one of your reply that you've got the Aero 15 OLED 1660Ti instead of Aero 15 Classic YA FHD. Does it mean you've got 2 Aero 15's (one is 15 Classic YA FHD that I mentioned, one is Aero 15 OLED i7 9750 that youve got)? Just making sure..

9. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone else have an issue with NVIDIA graphics running when it should not? I have Aero 17 with 1660ti, and the temperature of GPU stays warmer than CPU all the time - even when integrated graphics is being used and it should be off. Like right now, it should be off but is 48 degrees C.

Any ideas?

10. CocoLoco

CocoLoco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Replying to an old post (sorry), but have new information on this. I have been complaining to Gigabyte tech support about the horrendous fan management systems. Choice is between

a) jet engine fans running in "normal" mode wasting battery when computer is idle, or b) "quiet" mode that severely throttles CPU.

So you have to change the fan plan constantly depending on what you are doing.

If you care about this issue, complain to Gigabyte support. The guy I was working with confirmed the problems and sent in a ticket, but said that was all he could do. The more people who complain, the more likely it is to get fixed. This is not hard stuff. Just fixing painfully ill-conceived fan management software.