*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Sadly I assumed there would be an FN key lock setting in the bios, but I do not see it. Seems very strange to me.

Hristo Kolev likes this.
  2. Isaac Jimenez

Isaac Jimenez Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had an issue with the hinge where after leaving the laptop lid open for a while (let's say at least half of an hour) it creaks and cracks while you close it? And the longer I have the lid open, the worse it gets? I'm not sure if I just need to get my hinges greased or if this isn't that big of a deal. But yeah to be specific, while closing it there will be a few spots of greater resistance which leads to a cracking sound as the lid passes that specific angle.

3. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just a notice, my nvme 512gb just crashed after a bsod and then all data is gone (basically the ssd is kaput), right now on warranty replacement progress.

4. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm officially going to call the Aero OLED my worst laptop experience, even before my old HP which needed 8 rmas for wifi failure (HP later recalled the model, good call). I preordered the YA the instant XoticPC had it in stock, I did not order anything extra so they have no fault in its OOB demise.

Since day 1 my unit has had
    • Non-functional SD card slot (nothing fixed it like it did for others)
    • 1 pixel wide Horizontal line across screen only visible in certain scenes (blends in with others and I forget about it a lot except when watching movies because boy does it become visible)
    • Horrendous fan ticking anytime its not flat (some of us like to use ergonomic stands, gigabyte!)
    Because of the trip I am on and my need of a laptop for work I was unable to return the laptop to XoticPC for exchange or refund as neither would have arrived in time for me, together it was decided to rely on Gigabytes RMA process here in Germany.

I just went through RMA round #1 with Gigabyte DE and surprise!! they changed the fans and everything except...
    • 3 days later, the same ticking noise has re-developed
    • SD card slot...still dead
    • Screens still rocking its line.
    I am literally back to where I started with a $3,500 machine which is unacceptable. I can only pray when Xotic gets back to me they will allow me to ship it back to them without its OG box from Germany for refund, I am not playing the how many RMAs does it take to fix a brand new laptop game. If not, I am boned on it and probably will have to contact Affirm to see if there is any recourse.

It makes me sad though, because past that I am in love with the thing. I am considering buying the highest sku outright instead of financing it but the problems with this 9750H unit scare me. This was supposed to be a mobile music production machine not a headache generator.

5. SirArevacoso

SirArevacoso Newbie

Reputations:
    Happened the same to me and Gigabyte told me that I had to contact a certified workshop to have it fixed, but when I contacted them they told me to send the laptop because it could have a board fault. I had replaced the ssd with a 970 evo so I knew that everything worked fine and I just wanted the ssd changed, but they told me no.

6. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well wish me luck, the sc here have tested with other ssd and the laptop worked fine, they are willing to replace it at no cost (I wonder will they still use the Transcend 110 or upgrade it with the same model as the new XA line).

7. Minami

Minami Newbie

Reputations:

Hey, I was also messing with the ram recently on Aero 15x v8
    and I also purchased the same Kingston HyperX ram!
    However, it didn't work and contacted Gigabyte why it wouldn't work
    and here's what they said

"
    Dear Valued Gigabyte Customer,

This notebook is a bit picky on the memory. You want to make sure using memory with Samsung B-die. I would recommend this Crucial memory below. Thank you.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/aero-15-(i7-8750h)/CT12233617

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/GIGABYTE/aero-15-(i7-8750h)

Regards,

Technical Support Team"

and I realized there are two types of HyperX rams on the market right now which is made by Samsung OR SK Hynix
    the one I got has HYNIX ram so it won't work. So I'm going to try out and buy it again from a different market that has SAMSUNG ram on it.

Same goes to other RAMs

if the ram is a Hynix made, then you will need a SAMSUNG made ram on Slot 0 and you can have HYNIX ram on Slot 2
    IF YOU USE BOTH SLOTS WITH HYNIX, IT WILL NOT WORK

You have two options,

1. buy 2 SAME rams that are manufactured by SAMSUNG
    2. have Samsung manufactured on SLOT 0 and Hynix ram on SLOT 2

CONCLUSION: MAKE SURE ANY RAM YOU PURCHASE, IT SUPPORTS JEDEC, AND MANUFACTURED BY SAMSUNG

wish you guys best luck :) I'm also going to try buying it again

8. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why? Can they release a BIOS update to fix it?

9. Minami

Minami Newbie

Reputations:
    tbh, I have no clue

I did, however, ask them why it wouldn't work. I didn't get a reply yet though

10. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all , I own a Aero laptop (15W, 8th gen with gtx 1060), its a great performer indeed.
    But recently I installed a new samsung 970Pro 512gb ssd in the 2nd NVME slot. I installed windows 10 on that ssd and it boots fine as long as the there's stock ssd ( Kingston ssd that came with the laptop) in the primary slot. When i remove the stock ssd from the laptop then it fails to boot windows from samsung ssd. I've interchanged the ssd slot but still same issue persists. I have to keep the stock ssd in its default slot in order to boot windows from samsung ssd. Also the bios doesn't have much options in aero 15 either. So, is there any way I can only use the samsung ssd?

Bios Version: FB08/F007