*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. alesis1001

alesis1001 Newbie

Reputations:
    I solved this issue in windows 10 in Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Power run the troubleshooter.
    In my case, some power saving functions were not fully enabled for some subsystems.

2. Kenion

Kenion Newbie

Reputations:
    Fellow HDR lover,

I recently got my Aero 15 OLED and I'm really liking it so far.
    When I switch to HDR in Windows Netflix, Youtube is properly showing HDR content.

However in Games like the Hitman 2, AC:O the "HDR" function is greyed out telling me I need a HDR display (duh...).

I got a HDR TV as a references and its working there just fine.

Does any of you now what may be the reason why its not working or any AERO 15 OLED owner her that can confirm this ?

3. snisni

snisni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I have a problem with my Aero 15 i7-7700 (first version, not 4k). One of my usb ports stopped working (the one near dc-in port). I'm not sure, but looks like it happened after updating on lates windows 10 build. I tried to delete and reinstal usb controller driver from device manager, it doesnt help. I dont know why, but I dont have restore point to previous one windows build.

4. fscussel

fscussel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Aero 15 X9 (rtx 2070). The F9 boot option is not working. I am attaching a screen shot of the disk layout so someone please compare with theirs to see if there's a partition problem. Also, if anyone know what to do to fix it?

Attached Files:

• Disk.jpg
      Disk.jpg
      File size:
      127.9 KB
      Views:
  5. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Looks like you did a clean install and inadvertently formatted the Gigabyte recovery partition

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6. The_Candyman

The_Candyman Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm sure someone has already asked this question, but can someone who has experience with both the 60hz oled and 144hz/240hz lcd versions of the Aero or other similar 15.6" laptops help me out with which I should get?

I am leaning towards the oled mainly from concerns of backlight consistency with all of the lcd units, is the high refresh on the lcd versions that noticeable (considering they seem to have slow pixel response anyway) and does it outweigh the benefits of the oleds?

bberry110 likes this.
  7. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. redhavn11

redhavn11 Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought an Aero 15 x8 with a 4k panel from the Amazon UK Warehouse for £1300, and so far I am quite satisfied with it. It seems very stable, and didn't have issues yet. However, except for two concerns.

Firstly, my Pantone calibrated profile only works in color managing apps like photoshop and lightroom. Outside that in Windows and on the web everything looks oversaturated. How to get the Pantone profile to work throughout the whole system?

Secondly, there is a gap of around a millimeter or two between the top of the lower bezel and the screen where dust may collect. Along the edge of the screen the gap differs slightly in wideness, in some parts it is more firmly attached to the screen. Is this a legitime source of concern or not really?

9. fscussel

fscussel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After I suspend my computer (aero 15 X9) the keyboard never comes back, so I have to restart the computer to be able to login in windows. it wasn't happening some time ago. I've checked and when if windows 10 safe mode the problem doesn't happens. How could I find the culprit of it?

10. nukke

nukke Newbie

Reputations:
    Was it after a recent Windows 10 update? If not, my suggestion would be to: check Windows updates and make sure everything is up to date, and also check the Keyboard option under Windows' Device Manager and run the Troubleshooter. It might try reinstalling the drivers which might fix the issue.