*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. GeorgesVigneron

GeorgesVigneron Newbie

Reputations:
    Already swap for the precision drivers, but the trackpad is a bit laggy and not precise. Battery setting are in performance mode...
    1200$ is not much, as i bought mine one year ago around 2500€ (2735$), it's a 4k screen.
    Thanks for your input !

2. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For the v8, can the usb-c display 2 outputs?

3. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. Jility

Jility Newbie

Reputations:
    ATTENTION!

I just wanted to share an interesting finding regarding battery consumption for those of you who get around 3h on battery. I am on Windows 1903 and have newest Nvidia Studio drivers (26.21.14.3186) as they are optimized for Adobe Lightroom. The downside of having new drivers, as some of you experience, is that the battery is drained more heavily when on battery (no AC). Even disabling the Nvidia dGPU via DevManView at first does nothing (strangely maybe even increases consumption a little) and still show a discharge of around 30W as seen in HWiNFO.
    HOWEVER, if you restart the notebook AFTER you disabled the dGPU the discharge is similar maybe even a little bit higher, BUT if you ENABLE the dGPU now, the discharge drops after a couple of seconds (first you notice an increase) to around 15W. Et voila, now it lasts twice as long! Note that disabling the dGPU again increase consumption again, which I find very strange.

Please report, if this has helped you. Also, if someone, can figure out or inform me why consumption does not decrease (even increase) when disabling dGPU when started with enabled dGPU? Anyone who can figure a way to decrease discharge without restarting after disabled dGPU is also very welcome.

5. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone have change log for bios FB07 for the Aero oled/240hz?

6. Femb0t

Femb0t Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone with the Aero 15 Oled know the model number for the trackpad?

7. AnotherNotRandomUser

AnotherNotRandomUser Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was looking for a 1060 bios with 70w+ tdp, if someone could share their aero 15 1060 bios i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Never mind, i've found one!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. alesis1001

alesis1001 Newbie

Reputations:
    This didn't work for me. I lhave aero 15 OLED XA. While disabling dGPU did nothing, when I disabled iGPU, dGPU was running at a low enough frequency that I was getting 4+ hours life time. I feel like I was fooled into buying this laptop because of 5+ hours claim that I read on reviews. Is there a known set of drivers that would give me that battery life?

9. Porl

Porl Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All

I'm new to the forum and came here because of the Aero 'issues' and difficulties.
    I searched for JEDEC RAM and found this at a great price:

Kingston KVR26S19D8/16 DDR4-2666 NB SO-DIMM ValueRam 16GB CL19 - 260pin 1.2V Memory Module

This is the 16GB stick I needed for the Aero 15X-V9 and it plugged right in and booted at 2666MHz with no issues at all.
    I can confirm that the timings are identical to the SAMSUNG RAM already in the machine.

The 8GB stick (KVR26S19S8/8) has the same timings and should work for those looking for 16GB in dual channel.

Thanks for the informative forum thus far!

10. Nick Hudson

Nick Hudson Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had luck with the aero oled and linux(mint)? Cant get the wifi card to work. Have an intel replacement on the way but would love to keep the killer if possible (Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW).