*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't seem to be getting this error message anymore. I suggest updating the BIOS to the latest (FB0A), update Windows 10 to 1903, install the Chipset INF Utility, the latest Intel Management Engine and then use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to check for any other Intel drivers that need updating.

Can anyone else confirm that this solves the issue?

Aero15Update.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Paramedicboi

Paramedicboi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all,
    New here and new owner of a aero 15 OLED. Can someone please direct me to how to use the RGB keyboard in control center. I can access it and apply the different modes but I want to have say for example the wave effect on the keyboard running while f3, f4, f7,f8,f9 stay a solid color so i know what buttons to press for sound and screen brightness. I had a razer before and it was pretty easy but I am about to just pull my hair out with this. Please help me lol.

3. Tisar

Tisar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I installed a Samsung 970 Evo plus and did a clean install of Windows 10 and made all updates provided from Windows Update. Before installing Windows 10 from USB drive I deleted secure boot in the security tab to be able to boot from USB drive.

1. Now in BIOS I have the option in the security tab "Enroll all factory default keys". What does that mean? Is it necessary to activate it?
    2. Which software / drivers should I download from Gigabyte? Where can I find the software "Smart manager"?

4. headkaze

Reputations:
    Yes. The Windows keys are stored in your EFI and this will allow you to activate them.
    For 15 X/W v8 you can get them from here

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  5. Tisar

Tisar Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, I activated "Enroll all factory default keys".

Which software is necessary to download from Gigabyte?
    1. Smart Manager
    2. Smart Update
    3. Gigabyte Fusion
    4. Any other recommondations??

6. headkaze

Reputations:
    All three of these then use Smart Update to update everything. Then install GeForce Experience to update the nVidia drivers then read this post about updating the Intel drivers.

7. Tisar

Tisar Newbie

Reputations:
    I want to download software from Gigabyte. Some has "(DCH)" in the name . What is "(DCH)"? Shall I download with or without "(DCH)"?

Edit: Unfortunately I get error "MSVCR120.dll" after installing smart manager and can not activate Pantone :-(

Problem with Pantone has been solved by downloading in smart update in "apps" tab. Problem with error "MSVCR120.dll" is still existing :-(

Edit: Error "MSVCR120.dll" has been solved after Installation of Intel stuff from your post :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  8. SirArevacoso

SirArevacoso Newbie

Reputations:
    If I'm not mistaken the DCH are new universal drivers made by microsoft, so they supposedly work better if you are using the latest windows build. I just download the latest version which normally is the DCH one and it works fine...

9. GeorgesVigneron

GeorgesVigneron Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,
    I made a post on this thread a couple of weeks ago.
    I bought the aero 15x (i7 8750h, 512ssd, 4k) one year ago but I'm still not feeling comfortable on it; the trackpad is not precise, I have screen freezes from time to time (on VLC, with and without the DMI output) and it reacts very slowly to some action (multi-task view takes 2 or 3 second to show,...). Before the aero I was a MacBook pro user, so not having that fluid and fast response from the computer is very frustrating. (I tried different windows version, I formated 2 times the laptop but the problems are still there)

I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to sell my 1 year old aero 15x to get the new Zenbook Pro Duo. I could really use the 2 touch screens... I do audio and video production (3d rendering, heavy use of audio vst and sound library) and I often play cs go.

Do you think it's a good idea ? Do you know if i could get a decent price out of my Aero 15x ?
    I was hoping to get 2000$ from the 15x (i added a 500g evo 970 m2)...

Thanks for your advices !

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's really up to you on if you want to get the Zenbook Pro Duo, no one can tell you if it's a good idea or not. In regards to your lag issues, perhaps it's a battery saving mode or something going on? There is also a post here on how to swap to Precision touchpad drivers. I don't think you're going to get anywhere near 2k for your 15x. If you check ebay, they typically go for $1200 or so, even with upgrades.