*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Try taking out the SSD and see if it will allow you to get into the BIOS. If so it might be your SSD overheated and died (it happened to me).

2. fackamato

fackamato Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I removed all storage and the second DIMM, still no luck. Checking out RMA options now...

3. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    When you disconnected your CMOS battery, did you try holding the power down for 30 seconds to remove any residual charge? Silly question, you didn't have the system battery or power adapter plugged in when you did it right?

Did you reseat your ram? Not just pull one dimm out, but put the other one back in.

4. dumpsterj

dumpsterj Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I just wanted to let everyone know I flashed the razer VBIOS on my Aero 15 x9 . It did work after uninstalling the card in the device manager and reinstalling it. However I flashed it back to stock as in BFV instead of 98% or 1190-12XX I got 7X% of 1300-1400 after reaching 86 degrees. It also his the power limit still the whole way to 86 which then it hit thermal. It seemed to take longer to get the 86 degrees , still a matter of minutes and it also seems like the CPU was giving up clock speed to keep it going. 6 in one hand , half dozen in the other. It didn't brick it if anyone else was curious. Because of the risk I wouldn't try it unless your an expert.

5. Driftingnfsc3

Driftingnfsc3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok, download Smart USB Backup from gigabyte's page. here is the link for aero classic XA (i am assuming you have 9th gen i7):
    https://www.gigabyte.com/ca/Laptop/AERO-15-Classic--Intel-9th-Gen/support#support-dl-driver-utility

under utilities, you should be able to find it.

this will create a USB recovery drive for you which you will boot off of. HOWEVER, DO NOT BOOT OFF OF THIS DRIVE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THE IMAGE IS ON THE DRIVE. it will erase and rebuild all partitions.

follow my guide on how to extract the image from the recovery that i posted a while back for someone else. i had to go through the same mess with my aero 15x and was successfully able to get F9 recovery back with the method here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5-owners-lounge.804575/page-377#post-10927363
    backup the entire recovery folder, and make sure you get all files including hidden ones, just in case things go awry.

basically what happened was, when you installed a fresh copy of windows, it created it's own recovery partition with a different ID that does not match the existing ID. for some reason, this destroys the link between the two, even though the recovery drive is still there.

EDIT: i feel like i posted this too late :c i'm sorry. i haven't been keeping track of the forums here. i gave up on gigabyte notebooks simply because if i need warranty service, i would have to ship my product across the border, and that too a great distance away, as gigabyte does not have a service center in canada :/ which would be leave me without a laptop for a month.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  6. dumpsterj

dumpsterj Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Attached Files:

7. SirArevacoso

SirArevacoso Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello friends. Hope you could help me with something.
    NVIDIA's GeForce Experience has worked well with every laptop I had so far, so I decided to stick with it in my Aero 15X because I like the auto-tuning for games. With it I also kept the gpu drivers updated, but ALL the latest changelogs have been updates for the Ray-Tracing in games, and the 1070mq is not capable of that. Do you keep the drivers updated or is it better to use the ones posted in Gigabyte's page?

On a different note, I read that there are a lot of issues with the new BIOS update. My ports have always worked fine, so I see no point in fixing that. I also have two v-color sticks, so I don't think I could lose ram compatibility. What is your experience with it?

Thanks

8. headkaze

Reputations:
    I keep it up to date. You never know when the driver will have a bug fixed. When there are only updates to the RTX drivers they won't be installed anyway so it won't make a difference.
    BIOS update went fine for me. Since there are no release notes for it we can only speculate on what they've changed. My guess is it only contains CPU microcode updates.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  9. headkaze

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure one of the cells in my battery has died as I can only get it to charge up to 83%. Does anyone have any experience buying a replacement GAG-J40 battery? They all have "Made by Getac" like the original (although most seem to have the G-Style text missing) so I have no idea if they are knock-offs or what. The ones on Amazon are priced over $100 USD but there are ones on AliExpress for around $50 USD. Should I just go for the cheaper one or will the quality differ between manufacturer or are these all the same batteries just different distributors?

10. nukke

nukke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm wondering if putting some thermal tape and copper shims on the heatpipes near the CPU might help with cooling on a 15X v8. I have a cooling pad already but the CPU throttles after long sessions of gaming.

They sell sets of 6 (or more) copper shims on eBay and I'm really close to just buying some. Has anyone tried this?