*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. aw113sgte

aw113sgte Newbie

Reputations:
    I used the windows media creation tool and did a fresh install. Now I am unable to use the recovery image after hitting F9. It goes into the tool and prompts to begin but just restarts the computer. I didn't touch the partitions. Any ideas?

2. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You'll probably have to install the "GIGABYTE System Recovery Fix Tool" from the Gigabyte website. Support -> Downloads > Utility

3. aw113sgte

aw113sgte Newbie

Reputations:
    That tool doesn't seem to exist for my laptop (aero classic XA). I tried the one for another aero with windows 1903 but it didn't change anything.

4. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    No luck but I was kinda obliged to give you a generic answer. Did you read my complain here?
    *** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

To be honest I don't know exactly what the Windows Media Creation Tool does, especially about disc partitions and formatting.
    Maybe it formatted your whole SSD, deleting the original hidden/recovery partitions?

I suggest you provide a screenshot of your Windows computer/disc management so that it can be compared with another Aero 15 Classic owner.

Attached is mine but as I have an "old" Aero 15v7 the comparison is not necessarily relevant.
    20190823_Aero15_lebellium_disc_management.PNG

5. aw113sgte

aw113sgte Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine looks identical to that. That's a big reason why it seems just some little thing changed and there should be a way to change it back.

6. pqc533

pqc533 Newbie

Reputations:
    I could not boot my machine without uninstall the g.skill memeory stick from machine after I update the bios to FB08. Has anyone encounter same issue? My machine is aero 15x v8 with 1070 max-q.

7. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The latest is FB0A. You could try unlocking the BIOS to get a bunch of additional memory settings to play with.

8. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    After so much issues with my Aero 15 v7, I claimed Gigabyte's 2 years warranty, requested an RMA and sent in my notebook. It was (just) still in warranty and they replaced the mainboard free of charge. Now the symptoms are gone.

I want to add that in the meantime, Windows updated to 1903. Further I don't use the mini display port but HDMI for my external display. And last, I see "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in system windows logs (event viewer) after every wakeup from hibernation. I guess this is the reason why resuming takes quite long (about 20 seconds).

At least the system does not crash any more (so far).

9. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I suggest updating the BIOS to the latest (FB0A), update Windows 10 to 1903, install the latest Intel Management Engine and then use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to check for any other Intel drivers that need updating.

10. fackamato

fackamato Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For some reason my laptop won't POST anymore. I tried holding F9 and Insert and powering on, but no luck. Is there a reset BIOS trick? Disconnected the battery for some time but that didn't help.

Edit: found the CMOS battery cable, that didn't help either. Sigh!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019