*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. mouazus

mouazus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello
    New bios is out yesterday, BIOS FB0A & EC F008, someone tested it ?

2. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I tested it, see here.

3. Giz974

Giz974 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I just got a new Aero 15 Oled and I've a problem if the display calibration profile, when I turn on the "Pantone" button in Control center app, some blacks appear grey/washed out and when the display shows a black screen, the black levels are not uniform in the corners, which doesnt occur when the profile is turned off, is perfectly black then.

Does someone know how to solve this or correctly use the pantone calibration ?

4. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Tested, Type-C hub ethernet works

5. GeorgesVigneron

GeorgesVigneron Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Guys,
    I have a 4k 15x v8 for 10 months now, i'm experiencing fps drops even when watching 1080p movies on vlc or playing CSgo.
    I want to do a clean install but i don't know which version of windows 10 i should choose.
    What do i have to install and what i should not ?
    The only info i have come from : https://thecampingnerd.com/fix-aero-15x-problems/
    Thanks !

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  6. Komorebi

Komorebi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey question for you aero15 x oled owners. Can you play games in hdr on the internal display? Im on an alienware m15r2 and they advertise the display as hdr, but you can only stream video, not play games in hdr. Might return it for the aero instead.

Also how is the keyboard? Any huge issues?

7. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes you can game in HDR on the OLED panel. In fact its probably one of best HDR panels for windows I have seen. It comes with the usual HDR quirks W10 has...but it works. The keyboard is also good tbh I haven't had any issues dealing with the shifted keys and it hasn't hung me up in games.

The only "huge" issue right now is a lot of people dont have the sd card slot working properly but it may be a driver flaw as downgrading drivers has fixed the problem for some.

8. nukke

nukke Newbie

Reputations:
    You should be able to reinstall Windows 10 using the official Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool. It will download a fresh copy of Windows 10 and you will be given the option to pick between Home or Pro Edition during the installation process. Check your original order/invoice to verify which version of Windows 10 your laptop came with.
    ---------

Would it be possible to swap out the heatsink on the 15X v8 or the 15 X9 with the heatsink on the OLED one? The difference in heat pipes is insane, and looking at disassembly videos it seems like the motherboard's screw holes are in the same spots. Would it be a simple drop-in replacement?

9. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    That's a great question. I'd be willing to buy one and test it, but I don't think Gigabyte will sell the parts...

*on edit*
    looking at the pictures, I don't think there is anyway to get that heatsink to fit. Gigabyte moved the ports further down to allow for the side venting...

10. nukke

nukke Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm thinking it's possible if you chip off the side radiators. The fans look to be the same size, but have the side fins and pipe. Either way, I haven't seen the cooler pop up on eBay just yet and I highly doubt Gigabyte sells individual parts.