*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Xelnok

Xelnok Newbie

Reputations:
    I redid everything three times, only thing I can think of is a potential motherboard problem.

Anyone have a guess on what gigabyte would charge for parts/labor to repair a 2017 aero 15 mobo?

2. aw113sgte

aw113sgte Newbie

Reputations:
    When at my house, I connect to my external monitor through the displayport. This is driven by the Nvidia GPU. Any programs that are opened while monitor is connected also use the nvidia GPU. Problem is, when I leave those programs keep the gpu active and use a ton more battery. Only way I can release the GPU is to log off windows and back in. This allows the intel gpu to be used. Anyone know a more elegant way to do this?

3. dumpsterj

dumpsterj Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There not much else I can think of unfortunately.

4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Did you unplug the battery when you did it? I would also try reseating the ram or running with only one stick (not sure how many you have). You can also disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30+ seconds to try to clear out any remaining charge.

5. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Yes i now maged to Flash on a 2nd try back to FB08 from FB09...……….. BUT now my NVIDIA GPU is NOW not found .

Windows 10x64 bit only Device Manager sees Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

F12 show bios fb08. as does Windows Systeminfomation.

Already removed all Nvidia drivers, and wanted to reinstall them , but driver is not allowing install.

Microsoft support suggested resetting Windows to an earlier build without any effect. Other suggesting is a fresh install, but my feeling is that Bios was not flashed back OK :-(

When trying to reFlash FB09 or FB08 I now get error that SmartFlash is not compatible with your machine.

ALSO Opened Gigabyte Ticket, but No feedback or return call form this crappy support.

Is there a MANUAL Way to Force the Bios flash?

6. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you reset the bios settings? I also would try do disable the "3D Graphic Acceleration" on the "Advanced" tab in the bios, save, restart, enable "3D Graphic Acceleration" and restart.

PS. Bios version FB0A came out today...will try it now.

7. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Incredible It worked. THANKS.

8. Xelnok

Xelnok Newbie

Reputations:
    I did unplug the battery when I did it, it was pretty hard to get out though so I wonder if forcing it out might have done something. I tried holding the power button and swapping the ram around and it's still the same, I followed a few YouTube guides pretty much to the letter so it should be working unless I somehow messed up the battery when removing it, but even then the ac power should probably still work.

9. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I experience something like this when my battery run flat, I left it plugged for 30 min and somehow it back to life, maybe try to press the reset cmos button see if it works?

10. Xelnok

Xelnok Newbie

Reputations:
    Where is the reset cmos button? I was looking around to try and remove the battery but couldn't find one, but resetting it is definitely worth a try.