*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. leftisthominid

leftisthominid Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is anyone else having difficulty updating the bios on the Aero 15 X9?

I am trying to update to the latest BIOS listed in CC as well as through the manual download (FB08/F007). The window allowing me to authorize the flash shows up, and then a black cmd prompt with some text flashes onto the screen. Then it restarts Windows and nothing happens.

2. aenigmaeffect

aenigmaeffect Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone! I have one of the original Aero 15, i7700, bought in 2017. I'm having a weird issue with it, and was hoping the collective owners can help.

I recently added a 2nd SSD-HD into the 2nd slot: Crucial, P1 NVMe M.2 1000GB. I'm running Windows 10.

Everything is fine for a couple of days, then the drive went missing from Windows altogether. It's not even listed on Disk Manager, and even on the BIOS I couldn't find it. Doing a full start->shut down/restart did NOT solve the problem.

Then a few days later, everything started working again, without any intervention from me.

So, to troubleshoot, I ordered another HD (same model) so I can test to see what was happening. I switched HD's when the laptop wasn't recognizing the drive, and it continued to not recognize after I swapped HD's. After reading on various forums, it seemed that if I do a hard reset (hold power x 10sec), the BIOS/OS would recognize the HD.

I did that, and it worked.

The problem is, I'm noticing that whenever I do a prolonged access to the HD, Windows/BIOS would suddenly not be able to access the drive: I was watching Game of Thrones, 1080p, ~4GB, stored on the new drive, and everything stopped working after about 50 min. (Thinking back, the first "fail" was after transferring a lot of data from my main drive to the new drive, like 100GB).

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? Anyone have any clue on what the cause (ie. is it the HD? The BIOS? Windows?), and any idea on how to resolve this? (I'm still wary of putting any important data on that drive, in case that the drive totally fails).

3. thatfatgamer

thatfatgamer Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello again,

I'm back with a peculiar problem.

I've noticed that one of the casings that cover the rubber leg of my laptop has broken. I don't know how, and don't know when. But the rest of laptop is A. OK.

I contacted Gigabyte Support for help and they raised their hands and gave up straight saying that its not their problem and I should speak to their official repair company MendIT Computer Repairs Ltd for help.

I've contacted the company and I was estimated a £150 repair charge for this and this is not part of standard warranty.

I've bought this laptop 3 months back. Three months! and this laptop came with 2 years warranty. I feel that this should also be part of the warranty.

I wanted to warn you guys to keep an eye out for yours.

on a side note, does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts for the laptop ? I've tried google and the only parts I can come up with is the screen.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      581.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      394.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      314.4 KB
      Views:
  4. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm starting to see that these motherboards are faulty.

Read here:
    https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?t...gtx-1060-with-new-motherboard-and-ssd.242089/

5. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's pretty gross...

I haven't taken apart mine, but most of the bezels snap-on without tools. Looking at the how its made video that featured our machines, it looks like the camera enclosure is no different (go to 2:26):

If you have small plastic shims, like a guitar pick, you can probably wedge it underneath the plastic and pop off the cover. Don't use the seam at the top of cover, use the seam on the bottom that you can see when you partially close the lid. That's my best guess, YMMV.

6. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow first time ever the gen8 get newer Nvidia driver than gen9. Testing now (nvidia 26.21.14.3039)

7. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone have the problem where the SmartManager doesn't apply the setting, such as OSD off, fan mode quiet, etc, after a restart and/or hibernation?? Using version 18.0.3.4

8. yurec-rs

yurec-rs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just installed Control Center [19.05.10.01] on my Aero v8, and the interface seems to be broken. Can someone tried this version?

9. aenigmaeffect

aenigmaeffect Newbie

Reputations:
  10. HunterAP

HunterAP Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if I can do a complete wipe of Windows on the SSD and do a clean install on a newer one? I'm not sure if there's something I need to worry about for something like this.
    I had a bunch of issues initially, and somehow lost the ability to use most function-key combos since one of the included tools broke through just normal use of the system.