*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. gran_lexu

gran_lexu Newbie

Reputations:
    I got a big problem

I cannot configure 4 keys´ LED, I try to select them but they dont seem to be responsive (Enter, left shift and the other 2 keys shown in black color) However the LED is working, but I cannot change the color manually (Only with the fabric presets -wave, breathing...-)

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall th Fusion and control center, upload keyboard firmware, etc... But nothing worked for me.

[​IMG]

Did anybody have this issue before?

Thank you

2. michel40

michel40 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Someone tried AI Gaming & Professional on 15V7 or V8?
    Does it works well?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  3. Mike Hadley

Mike Hadley Newbie

Reputations:
    I share your pain. Constant ACPI errors and weekly BSODs (though a bit less frequently now that I've updated to latest drivers straight from nvidia and intel). Did sending yours in for repairs fix anything with respect to the BSODs? Every time I think about sending mine in, I fear that month long turnaround will result in them just telling me everything is fine. If I have to send it away for a month, I'm going to have to buy a replacement for work, and at that point, what's the point of trying to salvage the aero.

4. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, I have to be grateful with my service center here. On my keyboard case, I need to bring my Laptop to Japan but they say it may takes month for the keyboard to be send from the manufacturer. What we did is that they ask me to inform them about 1 week b4 I'm coming back and then they order it to me so by the time I;m back it took about 3 days for the part to arrive, and they replace the whole keyboard ( I know cause the shift key on the new part is different).
    I use the latest driver from v9 model, and it seems the BSOD is more frequent than the latest on v8, haven't dared using latest Nvidia tho, last try cause lots of problem. I do overclock using OC Scanner, doesn't seems a problem with temp running on 75-80.

5. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ha, no. I think they only time they turned on the machine was to make sure the key 'fixes' properly registered, even if the keys feel inconsistent. I wasn't going to dare mention the BSOD problem because the standard repair for that is flash windows with their garbage stock image. Actually I'm pretty sure they worked on my machine for all but 15 minutes. The month of time was just because of weekends and slow shipping. 1 week to ship to the seller, 1 week for the seller to ship to Gigabyte. 15 Minutes of repair, then 2 more weeks of shipping to get it back.

In regards to the BSODs, I even had one just reading your post. It was just like my old Sager too, plugged in a USB drive and nothing happens. By the time you start questioning if your flash drive went bad, you get a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD. So frustrating, I will probably run DDU later this week, the blue screens have definitely gotten worse so its probably just the windows auto-updates stacking driver installs.

My work just got a bunch of the Precision variants of the XPS15, and man do they look nice. Sure they have their own issues and aren't as powerful, but they are a lot cheaper, better built, and Dell pro support is the best in the industry.... I just can't get over how bad the keyboard is on my Aero and Dells make me drool a little.

Yeah I was really hoping they would just replace the keyboard and I would get the correctly lit shift keys too, but no...

You get your PC to stay below 90C? Is that fully loaded? Max your settings, set v-sync to 144hz? I used XTU to undervolt CPU to -0.160 and afterburner to get +185Mhz on GPU, but I hit 90C almost immediately on max settings.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Mike Hadley likes this.
  6. Mike Hadley

Mike Hadley Newbie

Reputations:
    Dang. That's a bummer to hear. I share the XPS envy. Good luck with the DDU. I've been using the reliability monitor to track windows updates vs BSOD occurrences. No conclusive patterns yet.

gnlu26 likes this.
  7. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's gpu temp, CPU always spike to 90 and then throttle itself. On overwatch I limit the turbo speed so that more cooling can be allocated to GPU.

8. michel40

michel40 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you guys tell me what's your CPU package c states in Throttlestop?
    I can't go to 90% as unclewebb recommend and wonder what driver could cause that...
    Thanks

BTW : tried the new control center 19.03.30.02 and like the previous version, it doesn't work on my V7. So I stick to 19.02.23.01 which works well...
    One again, don't know what king of game Gigabyte is playing here!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  9. berbertpk

berbertpk Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone !
    Just wanted to share my experience about RAM upgrade on my Aero 15x V8.

I had a model equipped with a 16Gb stick from Kingston : CBD26D4S9D8ME-16
    I bought a new 16Gb stick from Amazon : the Kingston ValueRAM KVR26S19D8/16
    My Smart Manager says : BIOS: FB08 and EC: F007 (no idea what that means)

I opened my laptop and the first thing I did was just to move the original stick from one slot to another and restart my computer.
    After a few second, my computer restarted as expected, so I shut it down.
    I then installed my brand new stick of Ram into the remaining slot, and restarted the computer.
    After 5s, the computer restarted without a itch !
    I checked if the second stick was detected : yes it was !
    And finally, I checked the speed, which seem to be 2667Mhz, so everything went flawlessly !

I have no idea if my method of swapping the original stick changed anything, but I can say that regardless of the fear I had about the weird RAM compatibility thing I saw everywhere on forums, this combination of RAM stick worked perfectly for me !

Hope it will help someone !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mouazus likes this.
  10. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Haven't gotten around to DDU yet, but lately I have just been shutting down my machine every time instead of allowing it to go to standby or hibernate and it seems more stable. Very unscientific tests though, so could just be coincidence.