*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Whats new?

I'm using the control center software from the aero15-y9 for my aero15v7 as the interface is better

2. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Smart Update v4.1.2 is from December 2017. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Gigabyte Fusion v4.4.0 works on my machine (15v8, W10 pro), the older version only started with admin permissions.

I also installed the ControlCenter (v19.02.23.01) once. But the overview was too laggy, that's why I switched back to Smart Control (v18.0.3.4). Problem with Smart Control is, that the GBOSD process is running, even when OSD Switch is turned off.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  3. NeKryXe

NeKryXe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i'm facing a lot of problems with the type-c port on my AERO 15 (i7-7700HQ) since the last windows update. i tried to install again the drivers for USB 3.1 found here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-7700HQ#support-dl-driver-usb31 but I always get the same message telling me that "the Asmedia USB Host Controller was not found" which is an absurd because i didn't remove any hardware from my laptop.

anyone knows how to install the Type-c drivers on the latest windows 10 x64 version?

i noticed that Gigabyte stopped updating drivers for this laptop a few months after the release - i'll remember that when i'll buy a new laptop.

etern4l likes this.
  4. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Exactly. Not only are these machines expensive, the release was delayed for months, and had many hardware issues such as some of keys on the keyboard not registering unless you press them perfectly center (which incidentally my machine still suffers from) and driver issues. What I don't understand is the hardware is practically the same as the latest gen so why not make the Control Center universal between all generations? It wouldn't be that hard.

Instead they're sending a message to customers that they only care about new customers and to heck with the rest of us. I have been a huge Gigabyte fan in the past; I own 3 Brix desktops and an Aero 15X v8. The main reason I got the Aero was for its 4k screen and second M.2 slot but now I wish I had of gone with the MSI GS65. The keyboards on the MSI are fantastic (SteelSeries).

That being said did they fix the keyboard on the Aero v9 finally? Since they never fixed the issue in the second gen I'm guessing they still haven't in the latest gen.

gnlu26 and tiredmeliorist like this.
  5. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been having that issue ever since the last Spring update.

6. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try to install the thunderbolt driver. That type-c is actually connected to Intel chip not Asmedia one, cmiiw.

7. michel40

michel40 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Aero 15v7 here
    New control center version 19.03.21.04 looks borken to me.
    Went back to 19.02.21.01

8. pete69

pete69 Newbie

Reputations:
    I reimaged windows on my new Aero Y9, didn't think it would get rid of the control center and Azure AI. Anyone know where I can download them! Appreciate your help, Cheers.

9. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have not tried it. I am pretty sure Gigabyte confirmed that you can only use the iGPU over thunderbolt, so I didn't bother getting a dongle for it.

10. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When this computer works, its fantastic. But I sure can't get it to work well very often... immediately thermal throttles if you just look at it funny, my keyboard is complete trash, and it crashes all the time. I think every user has constant ACPI event 13 errors, which is entirely on Gigabyte to fix. Surely that has something to do with my constant BSODs.

Their support is also terrible, my "d" key doesn't register when pressed unless you press pretty hard. You wouldn't think that would be a big deal, but I guess I have a light touch when I game, because I never strafe right when I press it. Sent it in to have it repaired, which took an entire month without my machine (USA). Pretty sure all they did was add a shim under my key, so now it registers, but it feels super squishy and its noticeably taller than my other keys. Now I've noticed my escape key has the same issue, and they also put a shim under my left arrow key, but it didn't get raised up so it has like 1/3 the original travel and feels really weird. I don't understand how it is so hard to make a working keyboard when literally EVERYONE else has been able to do that since the 90s.

I know a lot of laptops have issues getting optimus to run well, and I assume a lot of the crashes may be just that, but every now and then I look at the Razer and wonder if that was somehow the better pick.