*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. xplusten

xplusten Newbie

Reputations:
    can you link this ram, cant find it.

2. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL15, this one works for me, but I think ram for this laptop is quite finicky so depend on luck.
    Jump on Overwatch 90fps to 120fps on Ultra setting. Using OC Scanner, it improve further to 135fps average with average GPU freq 1600mhz.

Anyway, sometimes it may also be that your CPU is bottle necked, have you checked your CPU usage?

3. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    On my machine I can get 144fps on ultra in overwatch for about an hour. After playing a few hours I'm down to 70-90fps. Cooling just can't keep up, I'm stuck at 90C once the game loads and I just slowly lose performance as I play. This is with a -0.160 on CPU and +185mhz/+400mhz on GPU clock/memory.
    For me I just stick to high settings and 120fps limit, keeps my temps at 75C and performance is way more consistent.
    On my machine, there's basically no way to max out the 1070 or else I'm throttling. There's some setting you can change in Throttlestop, but by default the CPU can tell other components to throttle. Not sure if that includes GPU, but maybe that's the bottleneck he's seeing?

4. mouazus

mouazus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    this is the reference, google it : HX426S15IB2

5. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for trying this out. I just tried the Aero15-X9's Control Center (direct link) on my v8 and it works fine for that also (albeit with the same battery warning message). Since Smart Update doesn't show actual updates anymore I uninstalled that too and will just do them manually from the Gigabyte website. It looks like Gigabyte is only concerned about latest gen customers.

6. headkaze

Reputations:
    Have you tried using a USB-C to mini Display Port cable in the Thunderbolt port for your external display? It works fine for me and appears to be able to use both GPUs.

7. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are you able to turn off the touchpad/webcam after doing this?

8. headkaze

Reputations:
    Hmm doesn't look like those features are available in Control Center. That being said do you really need them? For one thing you can have the touchpad disabled when a mouse is connected and I don't see any reason to turn off the webcam?

Attached Files:

9. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I could, but I find it useful to be on most of the time. The touchpad shortcut is usually Fn+F10, but doing that does nothing.

10. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Aero 15v7:
    - New Gigabyte Fusion v4.4.0 (previous version v4.3.6)
    - New Smart Update v4.1.2 (previous version 4.1.0)