*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's normal, drives me up the wall when I walk with it.

2. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, Recently I've added a Samsung 970 Pro 512gb SSD in my Aero 15w v8 & installed windows 10 into it. But the windows login boot up is really slow. It takes around 30 seconds to complete the login. I've turned off the internet and tried to boot but there was no improvement. Also turned off signing in with Microsoft account and instead opted for local account but still not change. Is there any way to reduce the login time?

Btw I've tested the SSD with Diskmark64 and the result is similar to the ones showed in various reviews. It is completely fine and blazing fast.

3. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you check if storage or NVME is set to AHCI or Raid and you did a fresh install of W10 once the 970 Pro was installed?

humdandipto likes this.
  4. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It is set to AHCI mode and did a fresh Win10 installation in 970pro. One thing I noticed the windows loading screen boots in a splits second also the shutdown time is very short but the account login screen is delayed almost 30s.

5. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all, quick question. Between the

i7-8750, 144hz screen and GTX 1060 Gigabyte Aero 15W

and the older i7-7700, 60hz and GTX 1060 Aero 15,

others than the specs differences, are there any other big differences?

Like for example, is battery life the same? Chassis and keyboard quality? etc?

Thanks in advance for answers

6. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I believe the hinge is redesigned

7. romanstyle

romanstyle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Maybe here..

After having installed my ram and sdd and bunch of software I notice my keycap Y popping off so now and then...

Been in touch with my seller, gigabyte support and they both wont send out replacement keycaps and hinges. Wich is sad because sending it back just for this does not meassure up to the time spend installing and tweaking the laptop..(wich works great) And I need it for work.

Now I read on reddit someone describing the same issue and simply fixing it self by bending back some clips. Now I have been trying to figure out what is meant by this.
    The hinge holding the keycap itself is white plastic. And the hinge is held by metal clips, but its not the hinge popping off, just the keycap.

Has anyone an idea, came across the same issue and was able to fix it? Or suggetions on how to get a new keycap and hinge?

Update, switched my Y and U keycaps, and now they both stay on perfectly. Makes it even more frustrating that Gigabyte is not willing to just send over a replacement keycap... What is up with their one tree policy...

8. mouazus

mouazus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After few more searching .. I bought :

2 x Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL15
    +
    Samsung 970 PRO 512GB

waiting for delievry in 1-2 weeks

9. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nothing as far as I know. The newer batches of the 15v7 had most of the keyboard issues fixed. Older batches of the 15v8 had some bad chattering issues, probably have been resolved by now.

10. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

So I just purchased a second-hand Aero for 1500. Looked brand new. I popped in another 16GB stick I had laying around and it is now running in dual channel with 32GB DDR4 2666MHz.

I did test it prior to purchasing, by monitoring some temps during a Heaven benchmark. However, I was looking merely at the CPU temperature overall via Rivatuner, rather than each individual core. I noticed under a stress test that some cores are only at ~75C, while others hit 88-92C and thermal throttle the chip.

I would imagine this is due to the heatsink not making proper contact, but I'm not entirely sure that is something I could fix in a laptop without the potential of breaking it while bending it.

Even if I repasted it with Kryonaut, it still would not fix the issue (I would presume).

Any help fellow enthusiasts? Thanks in advance!