*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is the 15X V8 going to get these natively? Doesn't seem like much hardware changed apart from the GPUs and the i9 option

2. yurec-rs

yurec-rs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I hope yes. Will see.

3. yurec-rs

Reputations:
    One more thing guys. I've installed Realtek drivers from V9 [6.0.1.8581] and now I have able to use Dolby Atmos.

4. gran_lexu

gran_lexu Newbie

Reputations:
    It also works for 15W V8, I just tested it!

The only strange thing Im getting is that battery sensors fail, Gigabyte Smart: battery reccomended replace, but it is at 100% capacity.

The other thing is that I can only open it when im on the desktop not over any app.

I hope to get that natively soon...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  5. gran_lexu

gran_lexu Newbie

Reputations:
    Same in 15W :D

It is impressive how sound changes using it, It would be nice find a nice EQ profile.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  6. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How did you install the newer audio driver... Just remove old and reinstall v9 once? Or just updated?

7. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just installed the Control Center (CC). It barely drops the multipliers. I see that it will drop to around 20x then jump straight up again. This is just idling on the desktop with the CC, CPUz and the task manager open

8. rooney111

rooney111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Noob question, is that a perf improvement? Can you please explain what it means? I tried Googling it, so if I understood correct, it doesn't "throttle" down hard? Sorry not sure what that means.

Okay, can you or someone please confirm it is as easy as uninstalling previous SM+fusion and installing the new ones?

I'm asking because I read multiple times that for some people when they updated to the new SMv4, despite installing through Smart Update, they still have v3 AND v4 installed on the same computer. Same for me, I have v3 and v4 in Program Files. Someone tried removing v3 manually but apparently you need both v4 and v3 for the FN keys to work flawlessly.

Sorry just being very cautious, from experience you can never be too careful with these laptops ;)

9. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It saves battery if you are not doing anything. Think of it like a car. If you stop at a light, you dont want to have the throttle wide open so you save gas. But when you want to overpass someone or go on a hill, you need power thus you step on the gas

10. yurec-rs

Reputations:
    I don't use SmartUpdate. Before installation, I've checked that SmartManager was uninstalled properly.
    Fusion needs to be uninstalled because ControlCenter has integrated fusion.