*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. yurec-rs

yurec-rs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. yurec-rs

Reputations:
    The frequency is 1333, but effective frequency 2666. CPU-Z shows the original frequency, NOT effective...

3. clabern

clabern Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are correct. CPU-Z shows 1333 in Dual channel, effectively 2666. I guess I should have clarified. Your RAM is configured/working properly.

4. yurec-rs

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I want to inform you, that Gigabyte Control Center, which is replacing SmartManager for the aero 15xV9 - working properly for me, and it is much better than ugly SmartManager. 1.png

5. rooney111

rooney111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you

6. rooney111

Reputations:
    Awesome! Have you also played around with some of the new tools/buttons in there? What is Killer optimise and some new ones that aren't in the older smart manager?

7. rooney111

Reputations:
    That is what I did.
    I had the v7 and was happy with it but then the v8's 8750h been so tempting. So I was traveling overseas with my gf who was gone shopping for useless stuff like clothes, I got bored and looked at local electronic shops and ended up buying a v8.

It was on special, few hundreds off and we also get tax back when traveling between NZ<>AUS. So pretty good deal.

Back to topic, I ordered to upgrade the RAM to 32Gb and explained the issues we've been seeing on this thread and the shop said don't worry they'll do it right and I ended up with a Crucial stick + the factory one. Seems to be working fine.

8. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks.
    - So there's no "change plan settings" button available for the Gigabyte custom plans?
    - What if you try to select default Windows plans instead of Gigabyte's ? (so not using Smart Manager but Windows control panel)

9. yurec-rs

Reputations:
    After switch off/on of power supply Smart Manager automatically selects smartmanagers plan.
    In any case, as I mentioned above - Control Center has no such problem with power manager profiles. All new profiles are using SpeedShift technology.

10. yurec-rs

Reputations:
    The killer option will be enabled only in the case when you have killer wifi card installed. All other options are working as expected. For me, the main feature that the power plans are using Intel Speed Shift instead of a fixed frequency.

All that you need it just remove Smart Manager, Fusion, download Control Center here and install it.

This is suitable only for 15xV8.