*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. antovanbuuren

antovanbuuren Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Aero owners,

I'm having display difficulties with my Aero 15 2018, when I connect my laptop to the external monitor via hdmi, the screen flicks or doesn't display the laptop's display. I've temporarily resolved the issue by reducing the screen refresh rate from 60hz to 30hz interlaced. I've formatted the laptop, reinstalled the drivers and purchased another hdmi 2.0 cable and yet the problem still remains.
    Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

upload_2019-1-26_11-43-55.png

upload_2019-1-26_11-44-24.png

upload_2019-1-26_11-44-46.png

2. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Try again with the latest drivers from Intel and Nvidia

Intel: 25.20.100.6519
    Nvidia: 25.21.14.1735

You can also try with DP instead of HDMI.

3. Laughing Bobcat

Laughing Bobcat Newbie

Reputations:
    Just noticed the new Aero 15-X9 review up on Tom's Hardware: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-aero-15-x9,5684.html

At first I thought I might have wished I waited for the refresh, but looking at the gaming benchmarks, initial battery life tests (looks like they might have had a bug with Optimus?) and the price difference, I'm happy with my choice. I already think the laptop's performance is mostly thermally constrained, so it is not likely to benefit much from an i9 and the RTX cards that have higher TDP. Looking forward to seeing if we can get that Microsoft Precision touchpad driver to work with our machines...

4. blowubrains

blowubrains Newbie

Reputations:
    I got myself the Aero 15x December last year, got a free AMD Freesync Monitor with it too here in Australia. I got the i7-8750H with the 1070 and 144z Panel instead of the 4k one cause I do mostly engineering and CAD modeling with casual gaming. This thing is a beast. I've undervolted to -.150 and since had no issues, play stuff like overwatch all the time. I have upgraded to 32 gigs of ram and another 500 gig SSD. I'm happy with my purchase and the freebie i got as well. Its a total steal ! :D I recommend this to anyone looking for a great laptop with superb battery life.

5. yurec-rs

yurec-rs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys,

Is it possible to disable SmartManager's power profiles?

Every time when I plug in/plug out power supply cable - this terrible application installs 3 ugly profiles.

These profiles don't use "Intel® Speed Shift Technology", and in each profile, the CPU frequency freezes at the certain hardcoded value.

Why gigabyte developers so stupid?

6. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I don't understand what you mean.
    Smart Manager just acts as a switch between - or shortcut to - the Windows "power saver", "balance" and "high performance" power plans. It doesn't have its own specific profiles.

Talking about SM v7.4.5 on Aero 15v7.

If SM v18.0.3.2 behaves differently on Aero 15 v8 I can only remind all people here once again that you should really put your configuration (Aero 15 v7, 15X v7, 15 v8 or 15X v8) in your signature to avoid any confusion. With the v9 coming soon and obviously with different hardware and software versions, it will still be worse if people don't want to share their configuration.

7. yurec-rs

yurec-rs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have added configuration to the signature.

I am talking about SM v18.0.3.2.

After the first installation, SM installs three power plans to the power management. If you delete these power plans by yourself - after plugin/plug out power supply cable they appear again.
    The big problem that these power plans doesn't use SpeedShift technology which is much better than configured in these power plans.

8. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Gigabyte Aero 15 Review - NVIDIA RTX Laptop

9. clabern

clabern Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know there have been a lot of issues replacing/upgrading the RAM in the Aero 15X. Just wanted to let folks know I replaced my stock 16GB stick with 32GB (2x16GB) of Crucial RAM, part number CT2K16G4SFD8266. (I have the Aero 15X i7-8750H).

I didn't disconnect the battery, just swapped the RAM. After swapping and turning on the display was blank. I let it sit for a few minutes then forced a reboot (held the power button). It automatically rebooted and was blank again. Waited another few minutes and forced a reboot. This time it booted right up and has been working wonderfully since. CPU-Z shows 32GB of 2666 (JEDEC) RAM in Dual Channel.

10. rooney111

rooney111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dualchannel.jpg

I thought DDR stands for double data rate. Since there are 2 data transfers per clock, CPUZ should be showing actual frequency 1333mhz which means effective frequency will be 2666mhz.

Does your CPU-Z show 1333hz in dual channel or somehow showing 2666mhz? Thanks, would you be able to post a screenshot? Or does yours look similar to mine? Just wondering if my set up is not working correctly.