*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I don't have access to hardware to read ms drives :(

I'm thinking about just filling the drive with a file full of garbage if there's no way to secure erase otherwise, sent transcend an email but I doubt they'll reply

Had 18 BSODs/random restarts in a little over a month :/ Least stable PC I've ever used lol

2. Marcus_M

Marcus_M Newbie

Reputations:
    I’ve been having this issue for a bit now where only in game everything will freeze for up to 1s. Not sure when or why it started but did not always do this.

When it freezes, I am unable to do anything as well as sound will stop until the freeze has stopped. Once done if I moved my mouse/keyboard it will jump to where I would have moved it.

3. dander

Reputations:
    Sounds familiar to what what happened to me in Euro Truck Simulator 2, when I plotted Thermal Throttling in XTU I could see it activate when I had the spikes. Might be something else though idk

4. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Which windows build number and drivers do you have?

Happy Trucking. That game relaxes me

5. Marcus_M

Marcus_M Newbie

Reputations:
    I went back to version 1803 build 17134.523 (form the gigabyte support page) to try and fix the issue but didn’t work.

As for drivers: got the latest chipset, iGPU and NVIDIA drivers

6. dander

Reputations:
    Thanks you too :D It's a bit less relaxing when the truck rubberbands at the freeze points though

7. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The first time I got this laptop, it bsod literally everyday. Format and ddu and reformat and ddu, and I decide to wait for next Windows update. It doesn't solve the issue fully but bsod are a bit less than before (driver_power_state_failure). Seems Windows 10 kinda messed up the Optimus system, especially if you run for longer than 8 hour daily.

8. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There was an update for windows that improve Optimus, but I cant rememebr if is in the 1803 or the 1809

Thats sound more like a hardware issue then a software one

9. Laughing Bobcat

Laughing Bobcat Newbie

Reputations:
    I thought I'd throw this out there because it sounds like several people are having BSOD issues... Since getting my laptop around the end of November, I haven't received a single BSOD. I did not re-install windows, I just uninstalled any bloatware I didn't want (I didn't really have much on mine, I'm not sure what others are referring to). I use Throttlestop, and the latest Intel and NVidia drivers via GeForce Experience. I always keep Windows up to date. I have also put in 2x8 Gb of Corsair Vengence RAM in, without unplugging the battery internally, which were immediately recognized without trouble. I use my laptop frequently all day for work, and then play Overwatch, Battlefront 2, AC Origins during evenings and I've been pretty happy with its performance through all of this. 6-8 hours of battery life during typical work workload when unplugged.

10. dander

Reputations:
    If the keyboard wasn't so bad I'd probably try reformatting and stuff. I don't think it's just Windows 10 I haven't read about other similar laptops BSODing so much lol, I don't know who thought selling a laptop that BSODs so much was a good idea. For the price it should at least be stable from factory. I'm happy you guys found ways to make it so

I thought about replacing it with the newer Y9 or whatever but it doesn't seem like they changed anything other than made advanced throttling software