*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Vipeout

Vipeout Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes I know, thats exactly what I wrote in my post. I also wrote that im using Afterbuner (+RTSS) for checking the GPU usage. My question ist whteher a difference of 50% in FPS is normal?

2. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't have a difference. I haven't run benchmarks, but I game both on external screens and on the laptop and I haven't noticed a difference, and I usually keep watch of the FPS counter. Even if I missed the difference it would be by several FPS, definitely not 50%.

Vipeout likes this.
  3. Vipeout

Vipeout Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alright thanks, that helps me. I guess somehting's wrong then and I will have to do some research, I just don't know what might be the reason for this. Strangely enough, when I output movies to external displays it's the other way around: I get lots of stutter on the TV while watching on internal display is smooth >.<

4. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone had issues recently with the backlit keyboard going off periodically? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a software bug before I call for warranty...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just to be safe, try a clean installation of both your iGPU and dGPU drivers. I always find that performance on the laptop screen is better with a clean installation (whenever there's an update).

6. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No issues, latest software in smart manager. Any new software etc?

7. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nope everything is the same as it has been. Maybe I'll try uninstalling the fusion software and reinstalling it when I get home...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I also have that with movies, but only when connected to a 120hz Smart TV (other external screens, which are all 60hz non-smart, don't give me that issue). Movies, YouTube and mostly any other videos stutter when the Laptop outputs at 60hz and I think at 120hz too. So whenever I watch a movie I have to go to Display Settings (right clicking on the desktop) and there I go deeper into Display options and set the frequency to 24hz. That makes regular use and gaming very crappy, but then movies run super smooth.

When using a different screen or an internal monitor I don't have to do any of that.

Vipeout likes this.
  9. MonkeyPorter

MonkeyPorter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. Vipeout

Vipeout Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Interesting, I had no idea. Definitely will try this workaround. Now that I think of it, it may have to do with the fact that the HDMI Port on TV is not set to PC. I have an option to tell my LG OLED to treat a device on a specific HDMI port like a PC, which does chnage behaviour in some ways. So will try that as well, maybe you have something simillar?