*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. kc0181

kc0181 Newbie

Reputations:

I swapped back in the original V-color ram.
    [​IMG]

2. kc0181

kc0181 Newbie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    These are my temps after swapping back in the V-color ram.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 6:45 PM
  3. kc0181

kc0181 Newbie

Reputations:
    ugh, not sure how to delete a double post.

Tried to insert image from Imgur but looks like it's not going through.
    Temps are CPU max temp is 71c, GPU 58c.

Looks like the reason they chose single channel ram is to limit the GPU, but dual channel heats up the GPU+CPU and it throttles. I also haven't tried to put thermal pads on the ram since I didn't think it needed it.

I could be wrong but that's what I'm seeing with mine. If the RTX has higher TDP over GTX I could just see them underclocking it since they're using the same chassis with no additional cooling.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 6:59 PM
  4. AcerTimelineHunter

AcerTimelineHunter Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Your FPS should be much higher with dual channel RAM, right? So the reason for higher temps is that the CPU can push the GPU to a much higher load. You can experiment with GPU undervolting. Also CPU undervolt always helps, but may be not as significant in that particular load.

5. thatfatgamer

thatfatgamer Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm sure you've figured it out, but if you haven't that looks like a Crucial DIMM with Micron modules

6. thatfatgamer

thatfatgamer Newbie

Reputations:
    on a side note:

Hello all!

I've made it to the ranks by becoming a proud owner of a stock v8.

One thing I've noticed is that if you put your machine into sleep mode and try turning it on, it crashes into a blue screen. Has that happened with anyone else?

7. romanstyle

romanstyle Newbie

Reputations:

Actually shortly after that I send it back, so I never came to updating it further. But thanks for the identification!

I'm now in this twist if to buy the updated model X9, or a V8 as I had but with 4k instead and reduced price.
    Or a totally different workstation laptop, really like the focus towards on 17" on CES.
    The Asus StudioBook would be perfect if it was not a quadro. The MSI GS75 had my attention as well, but those golden hinges...

So I'm waiting for the first reveiws to appear and see from there. My trusty Dell m4800 will do till then.

Somehow I keep coming back to the Aero, it actually felt really good aside from the initial week of setup and fixing..

Is it me or does everthing point towards having a 2080 or 2070 on there with unchanged cooling is to be a fiasco?

I can get the 1070 with 4K at around 2100 euro, maybe even lower coming weeks. Anyone know what the original euro price was?

8. thatfatgamer

thatfatgamer Newbie

Reputations:
    can I ask why you sent it back also where did you see reduced prices?

From what I've been watching and hearing, Gigabyte's using some kind of AI in the cloud to switch core speeds on device depending on the application you're using so that the laptop stays cool. If the AI is not reachable and the software does not recognise the app (game) you're running, it might not run at optimal speed/settings.

a colleague of mine has a MSI Gaming laptop. He's taken care of the laptop very good. In the 2 years he had the laptop, the hinge caused him a problem only once.

9. dander

dander Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    GPU temps keep cycling between idle and an acual value every couple of seconds on battery lol, used to get double the battery life estimate

10. Vipeout

Vipeout Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone else experiencing massive performance differences between playing on the integrated screen vs. connecting an external montior?
    When I play No Mans Sky with the aero 15 screen (GF1060), i get about 40 FPS, connecting an external montior and outputting exlusively to it I get over 60-70 FPS. I understand it has to do with the fact that when gaming on the integrated screen, the geforce is copying its frame buffer to the iGPU which then dispalys the picture, while with external monitor the intel GPU is entirely skipped. Thing is, I don't see anyone talking about this or mentioning it, so I wonder am I doing something wrong?
    Yes I am sure the game is running on the Nvidia Card and not on the intel graphics, I set it manually to use the geforce and I even watch the temps and GPU usage via After Burner in both scenarios (temps and usage are btw identical, just the perfomance is deceased).

I had the same problem with my old 2012 Dell XPS (GF555m), where I would get much higher fps when playing on an external monitor. Do I just have to live with that or can I somehow improve this? 50% performance loss is kinda ridiculous and beats the purpose of buing a gf1060 equipped machine

Edit: The resolution is always 1080P, both for internal display and external monitor. No changes are made execpt swichting the output

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 12:34 PM