*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. TheBigDoubt

TheBigDoubt Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm getting a lot of battery life issues. My CPU idles at 13 watts, which is super high, and my GPU constantly switches on and off, which I think reduces battery life as well. Is there any known fixes to these issues?

2. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are people happy with this laptop? Using the Aero 15X is the first time I've preferred using my phones speaker(1) for music over a laptops lol

3. namaiki

namaiki "basically rocks" Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I have to agree. These speakers are not the greatest, but there's also some sort of audio enhancement in the driver that I can't seem to disable that makes the sound even more pitchy. Does anyone know how to disable it?

edit: I downloaded the audio driver from the gigabyte website, unzipped it, and deleted all dolby related things in the driver folder before installing. That seems to have done the trick.

edit2: Windows update reinstalled the Dolby extension. D:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't expect this kind of laptop to sound good, tho I missed the speaker on my LX502, that is a beast for its time.

5. dander

Reputations:
    I just expected it to sound better than a mono phone speaker lol. Even the XPS 15 9570 with all of its crackling and popping sounded better

6. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It is the chamber on the speaker, without room for the speaker to move it will sound very2 tiny. I think the most bearable of the 3 is the GM/GX from Asus.

7. dander

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

I just expected it to be better than the little one on the bottom right of this picture lol. I'm not sure if the software is the reason or what

8. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No guarantees, but if its like most of the precision upgrades for other computers, then yes

9. kc0181

kc0181 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had any issues with their Aero 15x cpu thermal throttling after adding dual channel ram?
    When I had the 1 stick of ram that came with the laptop I had no issues and getting 30-40c idle and around 70-75c gaming. After installing a HX426S15IB2K2/32 kit I'm now getting idle temps of around 50c and almost immediately hitting 90c when running an old game like TF2 on the lowest settings. I have only tried underthrottling with Intel XTU with a -.150 undervolt which does nothing.

10. dander

Reputations:
    Your new temps are the same as my normal with single channel :(