*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unfortunately there is physical problem either on the screen panel or in the screen connector pin. I also faced similar issue like you. The concerning news is that this lines would increase as time goes on. I bought my Aero 15w V8 on September within a week after purchase I encountered this problem. The worse part was that I didn't have any Gigabyte service center in my home country (Bangladesh). I had to send it all the way to Gigabyte service center in Malaysia for RMA. verticallineonscreen2.jpg

2. ra[g]e

ra[g]e Newbie

Reputations:
    Tried doing that, makes no difference whatsoever. Setting it to "customized" and setting the power options to "Windows Balanced" does not allow any of the settings changes to be effected after saving.

3. ra[g]e

ra[g]e Newbie

Reputations:
    No

4. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi, I finally managed to get HDR too after updating Windows 10 and GPU drivers.
    - Aero 15 2017 with GTX1060
    - Windows 10 October Update - 1809
    - Nvidia 25.21.14.1735
    - Intel HD 25.20.100.6471

With the October Update 1809 the HDR menu has been renamed as "Windows HD Color settings" and has been reworked with several settings:
    - Stream HDR video
    - Play HDR games and apps
    - Use WCG apps

I could enable HDR which was not possible in previous Windows versions. Then I launched Forza 7 and the HDR setting was available too.
    I didn't have much time to test it yet but on my parents' 2015 Sony X85C TV this was not particularly impressive due to low peak brightness.
    I'll try again on my own 2017 Panasonic EX750 with higher peak brightness when I'm back home.

Note: with the October Update and the latest Intel HD driver version, my internal screen is now sometimes flickering. I'm not sure but it looks like the X-Rite Pantone color profile is unloading then reloading very quickly.

5. ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all, I need a little help with my 15X.
    After updating to the latest windows build, my laptop now refuses to load windows properly. When it does, it will BSOD with the error critical_process_died, and at the next (several) boot(s), the boot drive will not appear.

How do I fix it? I was able to get into the windows repair menu once but I could not revert to the last build. I can't do a reinstall since the Aero 15 only supports UEFI OSes in the BIOS it ships with and I can't use my windows install USB :(

I seem to be stuck in a conundrum. Should I just RMA it?

6. ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser Newbie

Reputations:
    Update:
    After running an SFC scan on a different PC, it appears that some files were indeed corrupted. The problems continue even after the files were fixed, though. The boot drive does not show up in either slot, even though an HP EX920 will. What should I do?

7. Rainbird

Rainbird Newbie

Reputations:
    A few questions if you don't mind.

1. Do you have an Aero 15X?
    2. If so, how well does the skin fit?
    3. Where did you get it from?

tks!

8. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you guys think there will be new BIOS update for RAM? Is been 2 months since the last update and that was only a minor update (only microcode). Or they are just focusing on the v9 with a GTX 11/RTX 20?

10. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    UEFI shouldn't stop you from using a windows install usb unless you flashed the usb for legacy only. You could always remake or make another usb following the steps here.