*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Christopher Gonzalez

Christopher Gonzalez Newbie

Reputations:
    New to the forums and I recently purchased the Gigabyte Aero 15w-v8. For the most part the laptop has been fine, however I started having a minor issue yesterday:

Most of the time when I boot the laptop it loads into the BIOS automatically and even pressing different F keys at the BIOS splash screen did nothing. And in the BIOS the m.2 drive that came with the laptop is visible and is selected as the only boot drive.

However, when I get into BIOS, if I hit the "esc" key and chose to not save changes, the laptop boots into windows normally. But I have to do this every time it boots into the BIOS.

Any ideas or tips to try to resolve this? It happened with the stock drivers/BIOS, and even after updating BIOS to FB08 I still get the same issue.

P.S. I posted this in the Aero Tuning thread as well. not trying to spam just trying to get help :)

UPDATE: I installed a fresh copy of windows. Deleted all partitions on the drive including the recovery, recreated the needed partitions while installing windows. And now the laptop itself runs even better than it did before. However the BIOS boot loop is still present. I'm confused. It passes everything, plays games as it should. But this BIOS loop is driving me bonkers. I emailed Gigabyte as well, seeing what they say.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Install no, and even if you delete it it will come back. But you can create your own custom ones I think (I just use balanced profile and throttle stop tho, seems more refined)

3. CaptainZhao

CaptainZhao Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I just got my aero 15x and there is an issue. When charging, the laptop will have little static current sound, more so when my fingers touch the touchpad. When on battery, no such sound. What could be the issue here? Should I try a different (larger) power adapter?

Thanks,
    Longyu

4. oncdoc

oncdoc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the same sound. Whining buzz. Less when on battery alone.

Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. oncdoc

oncdoc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for the info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What do you mean with "reset my laptop"? Did you do a clean install of Windows 10?
    (Sorry for my belated reply)

7. HermannnTheGerman

Reputations:
    Hi,
    has anybody else observed the occurrence of system freezes due to "Reset to device RaidPort0 was issued" events? I had reported them earlier on in this thread.

Now they appear more frequently, a lot too frequently for my taste:
    Capture Event Viewer Reset Raid Port.PNG
    Searching for "iastora raidport0 reset 129" or similar words returns discussions about this issue dating back into the pre-Windows 10 aera, sadly without any clear resolution.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this issue? I don't know why my AERO15 is so wonky when the hardware is still in original condition, i.e. no hardware upgrades, only system updates and software installations.

8. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you can access the bios, change the Intel Sata setting from Raid/Rapid to AHCI, I think.

9. tiredmeliorist

tiredmeliorist Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you notice any lag times when Windows starts after installing the 2nd stick? When I replaced mine with GSKILL 2800s, there was an immediate lag starting the desktop (~ 5 seconds or so). They work find otherwise. Just curious

10. HermannnTheGerman

Reputations:
    Just checked, the BIOS setting for "SATA Mode Selection" is "AHCI" (and not "Intel RST Premium"). I did not change this.

SteakIKan, by the way, what exactly did you mean with "I need to reset my laptop"?